Unable to create Direct3D. Please ensure system has current video drivers.

c301b68c-6a9e-45a6-99a7-fc95ecd0c7e5-image.png

java.lang.RuntimeException: Forged Alliance Crashed with exit code -1073740771. See game_14847229.log for more information
at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$spawnTerminationListener$43(GameService.java:696)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

game_14847229.log

This happens when I try to host a custom game. I haven't installed any mods. This is the first time I've tried FAF for years. It was suggested in another thread to try installing DirectX 9.0c. That didn't make any difference.

Run supreme commander through steam first of all,it will instal the necessary directories

I ran both the original and Forged Alliance already. Ran them both again. Still the same.

did you do it trough steam though?
i recall having the exact same problem and it gor fixed after i run it on steam

Yeah, I did. I think I know what the issue was. The original Forged Alliance doesn't close properly. It's a problem that I have with some other games on Steam for some reason. So, the process was still running in the background. After ending it, creating a game in FAF seems to work fine now. Now, I have to figure out why some games in my Steam library don't close properly, but that's outside of the scope of this forum...

Did anything help? this error usually indicates problems with directX9
You can try to install it, or if you did can maybe try uninstall and try running vya steam again maybe.
Tho make sure you install and uninstall things with windows install\uninstall manager or uninstaller file and not by manually deleting files (mentioning that just in case).

@zlo I think you managed to miss the last reply from OP.