Hi, new player just some questions about the client and ELO

Hi, me and my friend installed the FAF client and we are interested to play 2v2

Does the client have a "auto-assign/matchmaking" to find 2 other players like in league of legends?
Does it have a "elo system" to find somewhat equal skill players?
Does it differ from the elo used in 1v1 ladder?

There is 2v2 matchmaking, yes. FAF has trueskill, which I think is similar to elo. 1v1, 2v2 and custom games all have separate trueskill ratings.

#Does the client have a "auto-assign/matchmaking" to find 2 other players like in league of legends?

I don't know LoL, but you can form a party with your mate and search for 2on2.

#Does it have a "elo system" to find somewhat equal skill players?

Yes, you need to play a few matches ~5 to get a rating that fits your style. There are a ton of beginners and intermediate players out there, do not worry.

#Does it differ from the elo used in 1v1 ladder?

Yes. 1on1, 2on2, global has its own rating. Only global ELO matches are shown in your profile for others when you join their game.

Yes to all. Except technically ELO is different from TrueSkill but they still both serve the purpose of balancing games.

"I don't know LoL, but you can form a party with your mate and search for 2on2."

Yes. And you can also search 2v2 by yourself. The system will find you a partner.

Thanks dudes! Two more questions
If i overproduce energy or mass the excess will go to him or will be wasted?

Is overcharge a toggle ability, you activate it and it always stays on or you need to micro it?

In teamgame scenarios which 2v2 obviously is, your excess income will go towards your allies. Of course if your ally is also having full storage then the income will go to waste.

The overcharge ability can be toggled for the ACU to use it automatically, but this options is weaker compared to a microed one as you don't get to pick as nice of targets for it and also due to the fact that the auto OC have slightly higher cooldown compared to manual one.

Plus you'll burn energy taking out LABs and not have it ready for when their ACU rolls into town...

Former Board Member - March 2021 - March 2022