Scaled resource panel [UI]

Version 2

Improvements:

• fixed problem with loading new textures for each faction (thanks Uveso)

Not finished:

• Switch the layout when player rotate skin by (alt+left arrow or alt+right arrow)
  • No scaled texture for nomads

If someone have nomads mod, and know what to do, send me resources_panel_bmp.dds and i will update it

Search in vaults "Scaled resource panel"
or
Scaled resource panel (v2 OLD)

Original

original.png

Mod

uef.png
aeon.png
cybran.png

dont look at bar, some other stuff
seraphim.png

Also press to any TAG of this post and see another my works

Fixed the internal bugged opacity for each texture. I will add it for next update

resources_panel_bmp.pngresources_panel_bmp.png resources_panel_bmp.pngresources_panel_bmp.png

This is a really good mod, thanks Eternal!

Version 3
Improvements:

• Fixed the background textures

Unfinished:

• Remove from the income value any increments associated with the reclaim (Blodir idea)

Due to the fact that this function takes values from the engine, I will need to rewrite it to exclude adding the increase from the reclaim to income value.
Unfortunately, I have not enough knowledge and very busy study schedule, so it will take some time before i`ll update it

Search in vaults "Scaled resource panel"
or
Scaled resource panel V3

I have received reports that in some cases the mod does not work

You need to find out the reason.

• Try making a backup of game. prefs and delete it.Start the game and check the mod for performance

or

• Disable all mods and run the mod separately

Current conflicts:

1. [UI] Suicide confirmation - I have no idea, how this mod breaks my mod
    FIX: disable this ui mod

2. [SIM ?] Game.prefs incompatibility - I still haven't found the cause of the problem, but something is preventing game.prefs from loading textures / mod into the game.
    Fix: backup the game.prefs, and delete the main game.prefs... Create new account =/

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Version 4

Improvements:

• Fixed the bug with bug black rectangle on background of each texture, now the whole textures have a little bigger opacity

Old
resources_panel_bmpold.png
New resources_panel_bmp.png

Link 🠖Scaled resource panel v.4

This post is deleted!

Version 1 Remastered Edition

Changelog:

• fix: adaptive layout switching

Search in vaults [ScaledResourcePanel]
or
ScaledResourcePanel

Ops, i broke the code with new mod name xDDD sry.
I will fix it fast as possible

Version 2 Remastered Edition

Changelog:

• fix: broken code
  • fix: hard code

Search in vaults [ScaledResourcePanel]
or
ScaledResourcePanel

Minor suggestion, an option to change the color red to something else like pink would be useful to me and possibly others. I am using a mini-mod for that EMperor Penguin made for me:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2612/let-ui-scaling-affect-economic-overlay/5

@valki okay, i will try to do smt. But i cant guarantee i will finish it quickly. Because this mod will not compatible with others then.

@valki you can use this mod for editing colors. Did some code cleanup

Economy UI Colors v2 (click to download)

242fd2e7-12e1-4180-8743-eba4eb688cd2-image.png

@Emperor_Penguin update mod on vaults 😃

Also, i think it is possible to do menu->options->interfaces options for colors, but it will take some time and i don`t know how to do it. Maybe late i will give a try

What if we add the option to change the relevant colors for various color blindness to the game repo, as part as a game option? I don't know enough about color blindness to indicate which ones are relevant and what colors they should use - it isn't difficult to implement however.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip i thought about list of colors and possibility to edit them with editing existed in menu options. But it will require overloading economy layouts

@jip said in Scaled resource panel [UI]:

I don't know enough about color blindness to indicate which ones are relevant and what colors they should use

I would think you are right as I am not (significantly) colorblind, and my doctor said that with bad vision red normally is the first to go. Color accessibility options basically allow someone to tune various colors to generate a contrast that works for them.

On the other hand, Windows has 6 options instead of free control over colors.

• Inverted
  • Grayscale
  • Inverted grayscale
  • Green weakened
  • Red weakened
  • Blue-Yellow

I used red weakened until I got my UI changed, first by myself, then with Emperor_Penguins help. I still use it on those red maps.

I was more on about these versions of color blindness, see also the section 'Causes'. That way anything relevant (like eco, hp bars, etc) can be made friendly towards each and everyone's color blindness.

@eternal Nice improvements. The mod has now been updated on the vault 😃

42c04837-5684-4ba6-869f-7832b323d96d-image.png

@jip said in Scaled resource panel [UI]:

What if we add the option to change the relevant colors for various color blindness to the game repo, as part as a game option? I don't know enough about color blindness to indicate which ones are relevant and what colors they should use - it isn't difficult to implement however.

That sounds like a good idea. Btw, regarding choosing colors that are good for colorblind users; the regular red and green that supcom use (for resource income/expense) have similar levels of red and blue but very different levels of green. I tried out various different colors in trying to get a good alternate for red. The pink I chose for the mod looked reasonable enough to me and has a much higher level of blue, which makes it more distinct from the supcom green for certain colorblind users. I included RGB levels and hex codes below for perspective. I'm not an expert though, so there might be better approaches/colors to use, but I'd figure that generally giving options for making R, G, and B values distinct in relatively important color-coded information might be the way to go to give options that work for people with different types of colorblindness. It would probably be good to see what more colorblind users think...

After talking more with Valki, I think that we might want to have options that also avoid having relatively important color-coded information with colors that have 0's (or near 0's) in two of the channels (R, G, or B) as that can potentially adversely impact readability of text/numbers in cases of color-weakness.

Supcom green
cd058416-cc2d-44e2-ad7f-10ec53a3b235-image.png
Supcom red
46cb015d-a542-410b-946f-7744c06d9bc2-image.png
Modded pink
55eaf577-b1ea-4709-88d3-98ab18011deb-image.png

For more perspective, here's some different examples of how the UI looks when missing color channels:

Regular UI - green removed
7f721b4f-a031-4f7e-8800-0dfb11e5ff3d-image.png

Regular UI - blue removed
2ece7f0e-33ca-4994-a6f7-4b2d9193dd36-image.png

Regular UI - red removed (this picture has all the same numbers as the others do, but without red, many numbers blend in here...)
f84b2b0a-b1e2-483f-8da8-3ee1ba7b304e-image.png

Modded UI - green removed
6d0de2c8-ab3e-4c75-a488-367dfad671f0-image.png

Modded UI - blue removed (this looks very similar to the regular UI because the regular UI didn't use much blue here)
1625b6ea-f5a1-4c26-90d2-ca6ce655ae3c-image.png

Modded UI - red removed
559d7507-b8dc-40db-8ac7-104782a8f058-image.png

pfp credit to gieb

I was thinking of copying the colors used in other games, but I'm not familiar with a game that has an extensive set of color blind modes. Any suggestions? With a bit of luck I can add it to the patch of November 🙂