Mods not installed / templates not saved

I have tried to install several UI mods (e.g. Advanced target priorities), but they don't work. The path is: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods

Game mods (e.g. Nomads) work flawlessly, so i guess they use a different path?

Also, my in-game templates are not saved. Or am i supposed to create + save them for every game?

My guess is that OneDrive messes up with the default folders...

Any help is welcome!

Try the standard game mod path:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods

Be sure ALL your other mod folders are empty.
(post your game.log in case you are not sure where you also have mods installed)

@Uveso just copy paste the current mod folder under the users/MYNAME path?

i see no option in Settings to defind the path myself

You can't change the setting from the game. its hardcoded.

The game always use this default path first: (Copy all of your mods to this default folder)
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods

Then the game also check for mods in the install directory: (move all mods from here to the default dir)
C:\programfiles\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\mods

In case you installed it over steam, its here: (Also move all mods from here to the default dir)
\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods

Sometimes the FAF client can't find your default directory and uses:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods
Also copy all mods from here to the defaul dir.

If all fails, delete all mod directories and use the FAF client to download one mod.
Then search where the client has saved the mod and move all your mods to the same directory.

@Uveso Tried, nothing works. But i think the culprit is the "Vault fallback location" which i have enabled, reason being i had the same issue with maps. They were being downloaded in the wrong location, so i had to manually move them to the correct users/myname folder.

The mods folder is in the same fallback location. But although this options fixed the maps issues, the mods seem not to work.

Btw yes, it's a steam installation.

Which mods?

Iā€™m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

After disabling OneDrive backing up the My Documents folder (that was a headache, you have to tamper the registry too to get it fixed), and disabling the "Vault fallback location", now everything works like a charm (maps, mods, even a replay folder exists now).

Regarding the templates, after googling the old forum i've seen that they are actually created in the SP base game (FA) in Skirmish, and then carried over in MP. So all good now šŸ™‚

Nice news!

Thanks for reporting this back !