Increase T3 mex cost & reduce reclaim to reward aggressive gameplay at T2 stage

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

To add to @archsimcat calculations:
efficiencies.PNG
when you take into account what your mex is usually replacing the t3 mex suddenly becomes a lot more efficient. in the best case when you reclaim your t2 mex and have a lot of bp on building the t3 mex it has an even smaller repaytime than upgrading a t1 mex to t3. When upgrading it is still more efficient than ringing mexes.

So when someone properly enters the t3 eco stage it can be considered some kind of eco runaway. I would consider the t3 mex to have a 10% shorter repay time than capping t2 mexes in a realistic szenario where you are reclaiming your t2 mexes.

To put that into perspective: Usually a 1v1 is over when one player has a 10% total mass lead and isn't significantly behind in army size. All because of that exponential groth nature of eco scaling.

When switching to a 10% more efficient eco stage you have the 10% generated mass lead pretty quickly and the 10% total mass lead short after that.

My cunclusion is that the efficiency increase of switching to t3 eco makes the game quite unstable at the transition stage. If you aren't able to mirror your opponent in first t3 mex or deal big damage right after the transition you are screwed. The question now is if it is a bad thing to have this deciding point/phase in a game. On setons navy for instance it is meta to not invest into heavy offense before you have at least some t3 mex. I would consider that a sympton of not falling behind on the t3 eco switch.

I don't feel like I have understood the problem well enough to have an opinion on whether t3 mexes should get changed let alone what change would be good for gameplay. Maybe this theory approach helps to form a better decision.

equations behind the sheet, cause I am too lazy to explain:
3d4a1b3b-5e59-4bd5-bfb0-8ae5b4579b3f-image.png

This post is deleted!

Could we please get a statement by the balance concunior on the matter?

I really wouldn't expect Petric to read through this and answer, I suppose that my response will need to suffice.

This post is deleted!

@Tagada
"there is no need to worry about balance of t1, t2"

Come on Tagada, you know that is "Just utter delusional garbage based on some experience you have in dual gap or whatever?"

This post is deleted!

Mkay it looks like we've really gone off the rails here. I'm going to lock this topic for 24 hrs, and when it's unlocked again please remember to discuss T3 mex and/or reclaim balance.

Shitposts have no place here, you have #aeolus and Discord for that.

Edit: Upon consultation with other members I will not be reopening this thread due to the lack of evidence in the OP. Please see the updated guidelines for more information