What I think about the timer in the Ladder/TMM?

Unfortunately this is not possible currently while sitting in queue as watching replays on an older version would prevent you from having the correct version of the game when the matchmaker game starts which would cause either a crash or a desync of the game. The experimental feature of watching features while in the game lobby currently does not support launching a new game while watching a replay

Yes, your argument is entirely incoherent and I fail to understand what it is you even want or what you want anyone to address. You're mad that the system can't will into existence the perfect opponent for you or something? Your problem is with the player pool, not the matching algorithm.

@FtXCommando I'm infuriated by these 3 minutes, and the list of players who can't connect because they're not queal.

I think it's very safe to say that the majority of FAF disagrees with the crux of your post which seems to be that "bad game" beats "no game." If this were true, there wouldn't have been a massive cry from both 0 rated players and 1500 rated players to make the matching algorithm not give themselves as opponents. 1500 rated players were getting 0 rated players extremely often, meaning they get games all the time, but these are terrible games. What did it do? It made 1500 rated players want to play even less.

People want a decent game. There are less people available for a decent game at higher levels. There is no need to cannibalize a fun game between two teams of 1200s so that the 1800s can waste time making 2k income in RAS SACUs against a team of 1200s.

@Sheikah said in What I think about the timer in the Ladder/TMM?:

Unfortunately this is not possible currently while sitting in queue as watching replays on an older version would prevent you from having the correct version of the game when the matchmaker game starts which would cause either a crash or a desync of the game. The experimental feature of watching features while in the game lobby currently does not support launching a new game while watching a replay

Maybe its possible to allow watching replays that were played on the current game patch and have an error message for others. Depends on how often people want to watch games from a different patch...

People reported from the beta that even that caused the game not to start due to file locking issues

@Katharsas said in What I think about the timer in the Ladder/TMM?:

Maybe its possible to allow watching replays that were played on the current game patch and have an error message for others. Depends on how often people want to watch games from a different patch...

How often they would want that would depend on how long it has been since the last patch release.

@Eternal said in What I think about the timer in the Ladder/TMM?:

@FtXCommando I'm infuriated by these 3 minutes, and the list of players who can't connect because they're not queal.

Go host a custom game and play lobby sim for 30 minutes then.

Noone has bought it up, but it's a requirement for further down the line wherein there will be mutiple queues.

(That's why the 2v2 queue button looks so randomly big, there could be up to 5 other queues there for you to join)

We're really not trying to blue-ball you for no actual reason. It's a constraint, not a feature.

If the player base massively increases with dozens of people in the queue, the timer could be reduced.