FAF Webiste Updates/Improvements

In my Free Time I am slowly working On Adding Improvements to the FAF Website and all Changes I have made are on the FAF Git Page.

Any Update / Changes I make will be list here as well as a Link to the GitHub Pull Request I have made.
I will Put in Square Brackets if the Change is Merged in the current version of the website or is a Pending Pull Request.

Trello Board to Manage New Feature/Update i would like to add to the Current FAF Website
https://trello.com/b/tbuvEoL8/faf-website

Improvements/Updates:

• Update News Link on website to NewsHub #258 [Merged]
    Change the Href Link to link to /newshub instead of /news as people are missing out on what is going on in the community as the old news page had no postings since Aug 2020

• Add Twitch Link to Top Navigation Bar #259 [Merged]
    Added Twitch Icon to link to the Supcom FA Category of Twitch

• Update to Contribution Page #260 [Merged]
    Update Streamer & Caster List & Add link to FAF Creative Discord

• Add Link to FAF IssuseHunt & Discord Links on Contribute Page #261 [Merged]
    Added Link to FAF IssuseHunt page : https://issuehunt.io/r/FAForever
    Added Links to FAF Related Discords :

• Official Russian
    • Official French
    • ANZ #263[Merged]
    • Nomads Development
    • Ai-Development
    • FAF Promotions

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I can't see the twitch button and the Live stream tab doesn't do anything

@tagada twitch button has been merged but not released on a new version of faf stack yet. And the live stream tab is broken to due to depreciated twice api etc. Alof of the stuff I'm working on is based on my local vm atm

@tagada The Twitch Button on the website is now live 🙂

@Rowey said in FAF Webiste Updates/Improvements:

Official ANZ

ANZ clan isn't classified as "official" in any capacity.

You could say the same for the French One. ANZ Discord Has More member than them but not official If the Word Official is that Big of a Deal By All means Make a Issue and I will change it but for a Discord that is Centre around Australia and New Zealand to play FAF in my eye that is an Official Community for the client.

Point is the French Discord has FAF Moderation/Rules enforced, not the size of it. There is no guarantee that anything in ANZ needs to run according to how FAF runs.

Also I made this Post 6 Days ago if this was a Big deal 6 Days ago i could have mad the change easly but it now become and issuse now it live on the website

So Do you Want me to make a PR to remove the Link to the discord or What ?

I don't really care much either way, just clarifying what "official" typically entails for FAF.

Ok I can Make a Pr to remove the "Offical Tag"

ANZ is a Clan Server, not a generic server for Australians and New Zealanders. While it has members of note like Ryfun and others. It also contains folks, one of whom, I’d believe told you to add it. And that individual has been permanently banned from FAF.

He has been trying to platform ANZ and make it offacialization sense I started FAF’ing.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Just to clear up some incorrect things here (and because I think Rowey has copped some backlash where he perhaps didn't deserve it).

I think Rowey was just trying to be accommodating when naming my server "Official", but I had a very brief chat with him just to say that I'm not fussed over it, and that I'm happy just being referred to as we are, an Aus/NZ based Discord for our FAF player base. I've never pushed for the channel to be anything official, and have ignored any requests or pushing from anyone to have it called that. I certainly don't want to be known as anything official, I'm just happy existing within the FAF universe.

Also, at Dragun's post, the server isn't a clan server, never was. The clan does exist on there but mostly it's in name only, apart from players sometimes hosting "ANZ only", or similarly titled, games. My server is open to anyone and I couldn't care less if they joined the clan or not. We have a bunch of Aus/NZ players that are part of other clans or no clan at all who play with us a lot.

I've got no reason to rock the boat when it comes to FAF anyway. There's only really one person that's ever done that, and unfortunately it resulted in some people forming some pretty biased opinions about the rest of us. But I just like playing the game, and running the Discord server down here was a great way to link more of us together when finding accommodating hosts was very difficult. That's less of an issue now with the second server (and greatly appreciated), and has made it easier to play with others from places that typically would've had bad connections (i.e. most of the world).

Honestly, "Official" is too official for me though. I've got enough of that sort of thing to worry about IRL to keep me going. Thanks anyway Rowey, I appreciate the link 🙂

This has nothing to do with feelings towards your Discord or the people in it. It’s the fact that ultimately, it’s ran by you guys. FAF has no recourse or say in the administration of the Discord and so making it “official” while FAF itself has zero ability to control or maintain anything on it is pretty pointless.

Like I said I don’t care if it’s on the page, but no one should be under the impression it’s really maintained by FAF administration.

Report. Long nickname affect 😃

ebcb7ad6-c2c2-4c02-8c44-5fb177b7d565-image.png

@Eternal said in FAF Webiste Updates/Improvements:

Report. Long nickname affect 😃

ebcb7ad6-c2c2-4c02-8c44-5fb177b7d565-image.png

this is not on the faf websiote end you would have to make a comment on https://nodebb.org/ about this issuse