Game Getting Locked Up in Infinite Loop

Seen this occur now with several replays. Sim will get locked in an infinite loop, where gameplay freezes but UI is still functional. This has been happening quite frequently after the last update to FAF, and I am not sure if related.

Here is an example replay:

In this replay, the sim gets trapped in an infinite loop at 30 minutes and 1 second.

Checking the log of the replay, shows the following errors just prior.

debug: Session time: 00:13:24 Game time: 00:29:39 Heap: 896.0M / 777.9M
warning: Error running lua script: IssueMove: Passed in an invalid target point.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function IssueMove' ...ce\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua(6320): in function <...ce\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua:6298> info: *FORMATION DEBUG: Unit w93cl4e2 does not match any Land categories. debug: Session time: 00:13:34 Game time: 00:29:51 Heap: 896.0M / 770.6M warning: Error running lua script: IssueMove: Passed in an invalid target point. stack traceback: [C]: in function IssueMove'
...ce\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua(6449): in function <...ce\mods\ai wave survival\hook\lua\ai\aibehaviors.lua:6427>
info: creating high fidelity terrain
info: creating high fidelity water
debug: Session time: 00:13:44 Game time: 00:30:01 Heap: 896.0M / 743.4M
debug: [uiutil.lua, function UIFile()] - Unable to find file:/textures/ui/uef/icons/units/drop0306_icon.dds
debug: Session time: 00:14:04 Game time: 00:30:01 Heap: 896.0M / 743.6M
debug: Session time: 00:14:14 Game time: 00:30:01 Heap: 896.0M / 743.8M
debug: Session time: 00:14:24 Game time: 00:30:01 Heap: 896.0M / 743.8M

Having checked the code for AI Wave Survival, I don't know if the errors are causing the sim to freeze, while UI is still functional. From my limited understanding, the mod's code shouldn't be the issue, as those lines weren't causing infinite loops before.

We found a cause for this and the fix is available on FAF Develop. It has to do with ground fire of bombers, specifically of bombers with multiple projectiles per salvo.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Hi Jip. To test this, would creating a game and selecting the FAF Develop option be sufficient?

For the test, I clicked FAF Develop and played a game of AI Wave Survival with 3 M28AI on my team. Had a lock up occur later into the game. I always thought it had something to do with unit count. What can I look for try to find the cause?

@LightWire do you have a replay id for me?

Investigating a freeze is very difficult.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Sure. Here's the replay link. Game is on Adaptive Dust Survival and the lockup is at the end.

https://replay.faforever.com/23028446

@jip i also have this problem, how do i find replay codes?

@obituarypizza The first method: In your faf client /reply section, you can search for your own reply according to your account name.
Second way: You can find the reply folder in the options at the top left corner of the FAF client. You can look in the folder according to the time when the reply was created
Third method: Every time the game crashes, the client will pop up a window to record the game log. If you open this log file and search for "ID", you will find a text that reads "reply ID".