Game wit AI slowed down a lot recently

Does anyone have the same problem? Recent games are really slow starting the 5-6 first minutes of gameplay.
Asking if it's not a problem in the naval management, maybe an unoptimised loop.
Will see if I can investigate more but it's a pain in the ass.

Do you have a replay id or two for us to investigate?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I watch replays of AI Wave Survival games to see if things are working right and also for gathering information for balance changes. The sim speed does seem to run slower on certain maps than before, mainly on maps involving navy. Also, I've had several replays simple stop playing and get stuck in an infinite loop (game doesn't crash, but gameplay freezes, while UI is still working). Don't know if the infinite loop is related to the last FAF patch or a bug I accidentally introduced in last version of mod. Doesn't happen in every replay, so could also be a mod conflict.

Last replay I watched that froze up was: #22990076
Stuck in loop at Game Time: 28:15

This is the end of the log:
debug: Session time: 00:05:17 Game time: 00:27:25 Heap: 640.0M / 559.2M
info: CWldSession::DoBeat() unknown entity id (0x2ff00008) supplied in a pose update.
warning: Error running lua script: 0 damage specified.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `DamageArea'
...ment mercy launcher\units\ral0311\ral0311_script.lua(25): in function <...ment mercy launcher\units\ral0311\ral0311_script.lua:15>
info: Naval Power Is
info: 0
info: creating high fidelity terrain
info: creating high fidelity water
debug: Session time: 00:05:36 Game time: 00:28:15 Heap: 640.0M / 536.5M
debug: Session time: 00:05:47 Game time: 00:28:15 Heap: 640.0M / 536.5M
debug: Session time: 00:05:57 Game time: 00:28:15 Heap: 640.0M / 536.5M

@keul
You just need to give us some replay ID's to go off. We can investigate, especially if its happening that early in the game.

@keul

This might be a dumb question: do you mean it's slow FOR the first 5-6 minutes, or do you mean it runs at normal speed for the first 5 minutes and THEN it gets slow after that?

It would be helpful if you list the UI mods you're using, the SIM mods that you're using, and the map. For example, is this just a skirmish game on a multiplayer map or are you playing a special "scenario" map like survival? That would help other people to try to recreate your situation to see if their computer also slows down.

When you say it is a game with AI, do you have human teammates? If you have any human teammates, the slowdown could be a connection issue which would make it harder to investigate.

We found the issue, see also #6390.

edit: and it is live on the release branch, see also:

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned