Client wont start

Hi! I was trying to start faf and ran into this error? I was wondering if someone could help me? Please see attached photofaf.PNG

@yippykayyay This looks like the same issue you had back in April. Did you get it resolved at that time or this a revisit to that issue?

In any case, I would recommend that you delete the FAF Client folder, download a fresh copy of the installer for the current 2024.1.2 stable release & use that fresh download to install the client again.

ok thank you! let me try that!

It worked! thank you

@MostLostNoob
HI, I can't log in to client. This has happened several times in the last week.client.logI am using the latest FAF client and I have also set up the global server following the tutorial.
Sometimes I can log in, sometimes I can't log in all the time, it's very unstable

@zhanghm18 Try temporarily changing your Default Browser in Windows Settings. After you've done that, before you click the Login with Browser button, make sure the Remember Me button at the bottom of the client login page is checked.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, then please create a new thread as your issue is different that the one this thread was created for.

@mostlostnoob 12b81d34-e259-445b-9a24-989ccb83c7cb-图片.pngThis is my default browser. I also checked "Remember me."6be36b62-7181-4589-a875-8b10e1133b42-图片.pngShould I change the default browser to Firefox or something?

@zhanghm18 said in Client wont start:

Should I change the default browser to Firefox or something?

Yes, or Chrome, Brave, etc. To be on the safe side, do not use any browser extensions.

@magge Thank you. I'll try it first

@magge Is it OK to just change the default browser for HTM and HTML?

@zhanghm18 Yes, change the default browser to Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser other than your current browser.

Also, I don't know how it works in Windows 11, but in Windows 10, there's actually a setting to change the default browser (Windows Settings > Apps > Default apps > Web browser) without needing to change the individual file type associations.

@mostlostnoob Thanks. I tried, but it's still a problem. Still waiting to connect after creating the game.
I'll send another POST. What log do I need to provide?

I also have a similar problem when trying to launch FAF after the installation of the newest version. It is also a startup error like in the picture from the beginning of this conversation, but in my case the text in the error is much longer. What can I do?

@anybody00 Since you started your own thread, I'll re-post my original reply there.