Issues using cheats to practice

For several years I have been trying to practice developing strategies and build orders for various maps but I always run into problems when trying to use cheats to create other faction units (playing as one faction and wanting to spawn Cybran engineers so I can build hives). Whenever I press ALT+F2 to open the cheat menu I get a message that tells me that I can't use cheats on this map (mainly the latest DualGap map). Are their only certain maps that allow cheats or am I doing it wrong.

@popsniper are you sure that you enabled cheating in the lobby options menu?

see here
61e4078f-c298-4f80-b46e-5a5f4a23cf92-grafik.png

Thanks!! I didn't even know that option was there.

I enabled cheats and had the same results! When I use Alt+F2 on the DualGap map, I get the message "Supported Game is required to use this feature." So, your suggestion does NOT work. Can ANYONE tell me how to open the menu for practicing????

That sounds more like you have some overlay running that overwrites the ALT+F2 key with something else. NVIDIA ShadowPlay and similar tools do that.

@PopSniper
yes i think its some Nvidia related stuff which is bound to Alt+F2. You have to either unbind that in Nvidia software settings, or in FA, open up the keybindings window and set the cheat menu keybind to something else.

That actually solved my problem!!!!! Thanks much...who would have guessed that NVIDIA would do such a dastardly thing to us poor unsuspecting FAF players. I can finally do something I have been trying to do for years!