Air Balance Mod

Due to the well known t3 air dominance of the current balance I have decided to explore ways to make the air game more diverse and interesting in team games.

I have also changed the T2 bombers to make them more interesting and less snipe focused

I wanted to give the Mercy extra shield damage like the absolver but i couldnt get that working.

changes

• T1 Intercepters are now fast enough 'just' to catch up to a strat bomber while using less fuel so they are usefull for longer, and cheaper on energy.
  • T2 Mobile Flak = you now have a choice between regular Mobile flak and Mobile AA guns that have highter projectile speed so they are far better at hitting strat bombers, but have less AOE
  • T2 Corsair = now drops an EMP bomb with larger area of effect but less damage, not as good for com sniping but best used for targetng groups of units. I have taken AA from corsair as nobody uses them for AA and also a bit of faction diversity.
  • T2 Notha = reduced area of effect, making it easier to dodge, now best used for targeting structures also slight improvement for air to air fighting.
  • T3 Factory HQ = now 1 minute longer to upgrade. gives more time to allow non air players to protect themselves.
  • ASF = reduced health so that inties can put up a better fight agaisnt a small amount of them early on.

Usable advise and constructive feedback is welcomeyjyrjry.jpg

I had an idea to make air factories slowly lose build power the more ASF they build to stop a run away production but havnt figured that out yet.

• Alternative flak mode is a tiny nerf to corsairs since right now you can micro them to stay almost out of flak's range. Faster projectiles will make it harder.
  • I can't see a scenario where corsair EMP would be useful. Against buildings it does nothing, it doesn't work on ACUs because it would be insane if it did, non-AA can't fight back so it just slightly slows it down and who cares, unshielded flak already dies to corsairs anyway and any other AA, especially shielded, will be immune anyway.
  • Aren't Nothas already consistently dodgeable?

@MazorNoob

1. the new flak mode has no aoe, so for a single bomber yes its a little better, but for a group of bombers its far less effective, its primarily designed to defend against a t3 strat rush.

2. I tried to give an interesting perk to the corsair that matches its faction and so that it can assist ground units push, rather than it just being a damage/snipe unit and I have set the emp to stun t2 structures like pd, so I think it can be very usefull at helping break through turtle bases.

3. nothas can be dodged if you know what your doing and see them coming, also the bomber was a little op with such a wide aoe and 1250 damage per bomb so you can no longer double kill mexes that are next to each other.

which brings me onto another reason why I made this mod, is that it seems the balance team is currently made up of the top 1% of players ( I may be wrong) and tweek the game towards their own abilities, which is fine but this leaves the majority of the player base a little out of reach, so making dodging a little easier for less skilled players is, I think a good thing.

I wanted to stop the whole make 20 T2 bombers, click acu = win game. (still possible but a little harder)

Well done! Changes sound sensible, I highly approve of you trying to increase faction diversity, and carefully agree with your stance on the balance team consisting of mostly 2k's. We'll have to see if these changes play well.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png