A unique idea to help static air play

The idea works on the real world fact that things become less effecient the longer they are opperational such as need for maintanance ect.

The numbers are completey interchangable but say for every 5 asf made the production time of each following asf would be increased by 1 sec

This would in theory prevent a runaway air dominance of winning /losing a large air fight

so that a player who is behind has a greater opportunity to catch up

and that other players who choose to also make t3 air would have a greater ability to effect the outcome of air superiority.

This, except make ASFs lose max HP no matter what the longer they are in the air.

Perhaps flying takes e and remove fuel

Hear me out: this already exists, but not for air, only land and water. Why? Air units don't collide with each other.

6 tanks versus 3 tanks, there's a clear winner. But 80 tanks versus 60 tanks, there's bad engages on the side of the bigger army due to the sheer size of the formation, wasted shots are more likely, some tanks might even not engage at all due to the size of the fight. Same with navy. And good micro can make a victory over what should be a loss on paper due to these factors.

So this idea almost already exists in the game, but air is immune to it, as formation sizes and collision matter much less for air units.

I've always wondered if that was turned off what would happen, I imagine asf clouds would break the game performance

Honestly, I've always felt the issue with air is the overall power of ASFs, not the fact that they grow out of control. One air offensive can be the difference between winning and losing.

I always felt like the static air defences (SAMS etc) should be the big air counter, not other air, followed by mobile ground AA.

Personally I would just nerf ASFs across the board and call it a day.

Instead of inventing a new mechanic you can just make planes deal a high damage, but long duration, damage over time. Then a smaller number of planes can still land lethal shots on a large number of planes before dying, and the larger the number of planes the more shots will be wasted overkill damage. It should make micro more forgiving across the board as well. Only downside is that there's probably some performance cost to DoT.