Game wont start

This is what it says in the log

@ceasersmum That's an Ice-Adapter log (for debugging connection problems)
Game log should look something like this
d7a21774-a3b6-4993-9a98-ca8895a30c0e-image.png
and you can just drag/drop the file into the reply window (no quick reply) then we get the whole file.

@nex I don't have anything that looks like that
810dbbbe-f5b2-4889-8691-cb7392066deb-image.png

the bottom game one doesn't have anything in it

@ceasersmum 😞 Then drop the client log in here
maybe it contains some more info than what you posted

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" (in directory "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin"): CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation

Did you run the client as admin once? that might break things.
try deleting the directory C:\ProgramData\FAForever and restart the client with your current user, then try to launch a game.

@nex I did, I will give that a try

@nex Unfortunately that didn't work. thank you for helping, is there anything else I can do?

So same error?
try running the client as admin
if that works it's definitely a permission issue, if that also doesn't work then there must be something else

That worked but now its crashing
514b4f2e-dcfd-4385-b3cf-3022dee73035-image.png

can you get a game log now?

mh nothing out of the ordinary in there
try deleting/renaming your game.prefs file
(found here)
1de6f08b-dced-4509-b45c-400545e8ca89-image.png

Maybe the settings are corrupt
Then try to launch the game through steam once.

@nex I tried deleting it but that didn't work game_21158904.log

@ceasersmum isn't that log older than the other one?

Did starting it through steam work normally?

@nex That was the newest log I checked the time stamp on it. Yes opens completely normally and works through steam

@ceasersmum mh just confused by the game number, which I thought count up and 12>04
but whatever.

mh can you get the most recent client log then?

Also since running as admin worked you should check the permissions on C:\ProgramData\FAForever and make sure you have read/write permissions there with your current user and you can execute the .exe in the bin/ folder.

I have managed to fix it. Thank you for your amazing help. I really appreciate it as I didn't know where to start. I was able to change the settings in the properties section of the programme that I had changed when trying to get it to stop minimizing and these were what was preventing it from loading. Thank you again!