Reworked Mercy, how do you like it?

@ftxcommando Ah yes , lets take the backwards stance on balancing , lets make a T2 unit effective only against T1 units , just as the original game intended.
T2 units should NEVER be useless at their own tier , the mercy is now useless on structures and only good at deleting T1 spam at a MASSIVE price , which is not justified , especially when 5-6 T1 bombers will do a much better job long term in deleting T1 spam(and will also be tougher in general).

Ah sweet, can you prove that the original game intended what you preach as gospel? You can't because I can name like 5 units where what you just said doesn't hold in steam balance.

@ftxcommando go ahead.

specter, renegade, blaze, mongoose, hoplite, titan, valiant, neptune

@ftxcommando Specter and the regenade are both great against both T1 and T2 units , as long as no ASFs are attacking.
Mongoose also deals quite the decent amount of damage , its effective both against T1 and T2 as long as the range is kept(and quite usefull in fact as a support unit)
I dont get how the titan is useless at its own tier ? 4-5 of these can easily take on a brick and for their cost theyre good.
Hoplite is the same as moongoose , ranged and more damage dealing option with less health that needs to keep its distance in engagements, still effective against T2s.
The neptune is effective both against T3 and T2 navy , its 700 DPS and 3K lower mass cost makes it a viable choice , compared to the battlecruiser with 450 DPS and longer range. (the fact that its also laser-based is another bonus to its ability to take out enemy navy)
I dont see how the valiant is not good against T2 navy compared to other naval units.
Blaze, just like the riptide and sera hover tank are all units with reduced DPS but the abiltiy to hover over water , they're all effective against T2 and T1 navy and enemy T2 land provided you have enough of them.

You know he's talking steam balence?

The original intent of the Mercy was not well hashed out. I remember being on gpgnet the moment the patch came out that added the DLC units to supcom. The first thing I did was test them real quick in Sandbox mode. Then I went and told the devs this was OP as shit, what were they thinking?! XD

I think the current mercy adjustment is probably fine. I'm sure somebody will come up with a use for it.

Perhaps adding stun to the initial Mercy impact? Or reducing the cost of the unit?

Don't try attacking T3 shields with new mercies, as the 1st mercy creates a deadly cloud where it hits the shield, and the rest behind it die in it before they can activate

I only used it a few times but it seems to have no utility whatsoever.

Either it does damage faster, or it does more damage total. Right now you just walk out of the cloud and receive like 100 damage dealt.

@snowy801 said in Reworked Mercy, how do you like it?:

I only used it a few times but it seems to have no utility whatsoever.

Either it does damage faster, or it does more damage total. Right now you just walk out of the cloud and receive like 100 damage dealt.

I would agree with that, right now I don't see any real use case for the mercy.

But I like the idea of FTXCommander making the mercy a kind of EMP weapon, dealing no damage but stunn units up to T3 for short period within a small area.

This would certainly bring in some interesting new possibilities.

And we could also get rid of the effect of the poison gas cloud and maybe change it by the effect of the chrono dampener impulse.

I agree with the Mercy being a stun weapon. That's a cool idea.

Alternatively, maybe it could just do incredible damage, like 30,000, but only against shields. Similar to the rarely used t3 hover unit.