Bomber and Scout balance changes

Can any member of the balance explain why these changes are being made?
Bomber and Scout balance changes
While I like the bomber changes to enable more 1st air openings and buff the air aggression I really really disagree with the scout changes which makes them more expensive and increases the BT massively.
In my opinion people don't scout enough in this game anyways and don't respond to what their enemy is doing so I see no reason why the primary way of getting intel should be nerfed, I don't think that we need to buff cheese like surprise t2 bomber all in snipes or anything like that.
I believe that another side effect of this change will be that first of all 1st air openings with a fast scout on transport rush maps will no longer be viable (which in my opinion is the healthiest meta for transport rush maps since if both players do it they can see if enemy is going for transport or inti rush and adapt their BO and respond accordingly (takes some skill) and avoid the Rock/Paper/Scissors of Transport Rush vs Inti Rush vs 1/2 Inti into Transport).
Another side effect will be the randomness on big air maps (mostly trans rush maps) where you will no longer be able to cover all possible routes of enemy transport (usually 2 or 3 scouts needed) and thus making catching enemy transport even more random as well as decreasing the chances of players actively thinking about where to drop their engies and how many based on the intel of enemy transport position and it's cargo.

While I understand that you want to make the scout more expensive and harder to get in order to force 1st air openings to only build bomber instead of bomber + scout I don't think it's the correct approach since it has massive negative effects on other areas of gameplay.
If you wanted to just nerf scout then I think what should be changed instead is nerfing it's Speed, Turn Rate, and Acceleration to a point where an inti can catch and kill the scout.

Note: Please do not post in this thread unless you are a member of the balance team or a well respected and high ranked player. I don't want this thread to become a shit posting cancer.

I agree with the OP and would like some explaonation by balance team membera and or Petric who made the commit. (Although I'm in favor of a small cost increase for air scouts, I think they should have a small health increase too.)

I would like to support the argument that people arnt scouting enough anyway and that this would further discourage scouting. The argument on transport rushing is valid too, its already fairly hard to scout a transport as the aggressor on large maps, this would further discourage aggressive gameplay which is definitely not what the meta needs.

Also just think about burger setons scout streams, people would go broke!!

is this already on beta? how long this gonna stay on faf beta so it can be tested befor putting it into a main game? I like that bomber does not have radar right now... makes it so you have to micro that bomber+scout combo... otherwise no idea tbh...

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@ZLO said in Bomber and Scout balance changes:

is this already on beta? how long this gonna stay on faf beta so it can be tested befor putting it into a main game? I like that bomber does not have radar right now... makes it so you have to micro that bomber+scout combo... otherwise no idea tbh...

it just got merged into beta

Do what you want to the bomber. I think they are strong as they are but okay. But the scout nerf is just insane!!?!!

There was a new commit on git reverting the mass change of scout (they are back to 40 mass)

So do people like the bomber changes? In my games so far I've seen sooo many bombers spammed, it's kind of nuts.