Bugs In The Most Recent Version of Supreme Commander (I believe this is 3759)

1. Salems get stuck on land on steep beach edges and maybe other places.

2. Under water wreckage is almost invisible making it hard to find and reclaim.

3. When a player disconnects his com does not die so all his units and buildings don't get passed onto his team mates during a full share game.

Supreme Commander continues to be more unreliable than it used to be with frequent disconnects which
makes 3) even worse.

We found the cause of (3) and we're releasing a hot fix this evening. You can use the reclaim overlay to find the reclaim, that will help with (2). I'm not aware of (1), do you have a replay id where it happens for me?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Bugs In The Most Recent Version of Supreme Commander (I believe this is 3759):

You can use the reclaim overlay to find the reclaim, that will help with (2).

Okay but it really needs fixing by putting it back to what it was. Presumably this is an issue of the colour of wreckage which should be black when under blue water. At the moment it seems translucent.

https://replay.faforever.com/20260422

This Seton's Clutch replay includes salems getting stuck on steep beach edges around the pond in the north land mass about 45 mins into the game.

The bug with the Cybran destroyer is fixed:

Thank you for reporting it.

And it is live, see also: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/6190/developers-iteration-ii-of-2023/2

@jip
I was noticing this yesterday when I was doing some testing on a 20km version of white fire.
The fatboy under water was almost visually invisible when it was alive, I could only see the shield reactions when torpedos hit it but could hardly see the unit itself.

It was the sort of thing where you had to play zoomed out and use the icon's to see where it was rather than the visual of the unit when zoomed in.

The effects look great with water above a certain depth or when units are transitioning into water but beyond that depth it gets difficult to see (for the realism folks its great). I'm guessing any units that use the seabed layer will have this result.

Not sure if its the game or my laptop (its an older laptop but I've never had this problem before so I doubt it), but I've had several problems playing since FAF updated after a long time without playing.

1 Sometimes, everything just stops. Forged Alliance itself isn't frozen, but the game stopped. Units, projectiles, the game clock, everything is frozen, but I can still give orders, open menus, etc...

2 Some units don't behave properly on Co-op maps. Movement and attack animations don't happen, the units will stop and face the target but they don't attack despite sound effects playing (sometimes on a constant loop long after they would have stopped attacking due to range or something else destroying the target) I've noticed this mostly with mod units, so at first I thought the mods were the problem, but then I realized that a few base units were doing the same thing.

Give us a few replay IDs and we can look into it for you 🙂

1. and 3) seem to have been fixed but not 2).

Under water wreckage is much harder to see than it used to be. This makes the game worse not better. Players should be able to get the reward of reclaiming wreckage. While a player is trying to scout, fight enemy units, maintain/develop their base, etc the last thing they need is difficulty seeing the wreckage they are trying to reclaim.

Turning 'reclaim labels' on can help to see wreckage however in general this presents a bewildering volume of green numbers onto the screen that undermines visibility of units and is very distracting.

There should be clear easily visible contrast between black wreckage and the blue of the water so players can see where to direct their engineers to reclaim.

I think it would help a lot if this was fixed.

@jip Didn't reply right away because I thought that one of the mods I was running was the problem since disabling it seemed to have worked, but my last couple games have soft-froze between the 30min and 1hr mark.
Ids

The first game is with BlackOps, which is known to have problems at the moment.