Community Manager Candidate Q&A

How will you handle the potential conflict of interest being a key part of LOUD team while serving as a the front facing representative of FAF?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@Dragun101 there is no conflict of interest for Azreal. See also this website with examples:

None of these apply.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@dragun101 said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

How will you handle the potential conflict of interest being a key part of LOUD team while serving as a the front facing representative of FAF?

I don't see a conflict that is worth worrying about.

As far as I'm concerned, the core part of FAF is the competitive online play. Unlike BAR and Sanctuary, LOUD:AI does not compete with FAF there. If some AI players leave FAF to play LOUD:AI for a while, who cares? If those people have any interest in playing competitively, they will come back to FAF for that. (I don't hate them or look down on them, I'm happy for them, this is a game and people should have fun with it the way they want to have fun with it)

AI development is not my area of interest, but LOUD is also not competing with FAF there. People who want to develop competitive AIs are stuck with FAF: they can't do that in LOUD, for the simple reason that LOUD doesn't have balanced units. So we don't even have to worry about brain drain that way.

I can imagine ways in which a biased community manager could be naughty (for example, posting "news items" on FAF feeds about LOUD:AI, or giving more attention to FAF streamers who also stream LOUD:AI) but that just seems unlikely to happen. And if it does happen, the FAF leadership/community can deal with it.

@arma473 said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

(for example, posting "news items" on FAF feeds about LOUD:AI, or giving more attention to FAF streamers who also stream LOUD:AI)

this would require Promo Team Approval anyways

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@jip said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

@Dragun101 there is no conflict of interest for Azreal. See also this website with examples:

None of these apply.

Regardless I would still like to hear Azreal statement. Sense he often is “in LOUD” or otherwise, which is not bad a thing as a regular community member. But when the PR person is regularly saying “LOUD did this” or sending people over it has a different vibe

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@rowey said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

@Kazuya

Few thing id like to ask 🙂

My biggest ideas currently are:

-> Dev Dairies either every month or 2 months to get an insight into the minds of Game Developers & Client Developers.
-> Dev Dairies either every month or 2 months to get an insight into the minds of Balance Developers.

I assumed this would be something that would be posted to the forum ? but what if a lot o f the stuff that is happing is the same that happened 1/2 months ago do you not post ?

-> Creating Tools & Stuff for Retention Rates & Seeing why players come back and why they don't come back.

What type of Tools need creating ? Everyone talks about retention rate but what can you do about it! And what will come of see why people come back and don't ?

-> Encourage the funding and support of more professional tournaments with completely fundraised money.

Feel this is a Bit out of scope of the Community Manager, Suggest Speaking to Swkoll whom is in charge of Tournaments

-> Encourage the funding and support of more game development with completely fundraised money.

How dose this work what part of Game Development needs Funding ? Could you Expand on this?

-> Promoting Streamers & Casters, who contribute to the retention and gain of players.

How would you go about Promoting Streamers and Casters? How do you know if they contribute to retention and player gain?

1. If there is no new development revelations then there no dev dairies unless for example.

2. Mostly Surveys, which are optional and just collecting data on average playtime, what maps, what mods, etc. This could be used to determine what engages players and makes them come back or what they dislike. Yes, I know that some issues we just can't fix but and however it's better we know rather guessing mysteries as to why retention rates are not awesome. It's not a big issue but could help discover issues and such with the game or client maybe even website. The effort is too not forcibly increase retention but serving the every want but maybe to discover fixable issues!

3. Exactly! The CM is designed to increase connectedness not only in the community but between different teams. If I can increase cohesiveness with Community and Funding Tournaments that's a purpose for CM, so yes definitely would be working closely with almost all teams just as I plan to work closely with Devs for Dev Dairies.

4. Honestly, anything is my answer. I think we have things like Github Issues which if focused and encouraged could definitely speed up development even more not to say Jip isn't doing an awesome job! I think especially in the sectors of development maintenance so like paying for servers id include in that, that'll allow maybe better Client Services in the future.

5. How do I go about it? A difficult question I will admit. How do I know, well, refer to Gyle! We definitely know a lot of players come from just his videos. I think it's definitely important that we continuing showcasing Streamers and youtubers. As it helps in the long run. I personally am not against payment but and however I think it's important we do all we can to enjoy with such members of community especially in casting.

(If I didn't properly answer your question I apologize!)

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@kazuya said in Community Manager Candidates 2023:

-> Encourage the funding and support of more game development with completely fundraised money.

how will you fund dev work will all devs receive equal funding or are some expected to carry on for free while others get paid this is a can of worms you don't wanna open

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@kazuya Thanks for the answers.

Few other questions based on the answers

1. I assume the Dev Diary's would be forum based?

2. What do you mean by the following statement

I think especially in the sectors of development maintenance so like paying for servers id include in that, that'll allow maybe better Client Services in the future.

1. what do you see being the easiest part of what you set out as your main point to be achievable from the get go and other that may take some work from others?

2. do you indented to do this role solo or if people are interested to help out delegate out tasks ?

@madmax said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

@kazuya said in Community Manager Candidates 2023:

how will you fund dev work will all devs receive equal funding or are some expected to carry on for free while others get paid this is a can of worms you don't wanna open

I never understood this logic.
I will say that multiple Devs on LOUD for example have gotten paid, others haven't. Nobody has complained and there has been no can of worms opened.

I also run a large project for arma 3, my lead Dev is paid. All the other developers (3 devs) are not paid.

In my experience there is no can of worms to open.

AI Developer for FAF

FAF Developer

@kazuya How do you define what is worth being paid for and what is not though ? a bounty system is problem better way of doing it but last ones used never seems to do anything as people tended to work on stuff they wanted too

@rowey said in Community Manager Candidate Q&A:

@kazuya Thanks for the answers.

Few other questions based on the answers

1. I assume the Dev Diary's would be forum based?

2. What do you mean by the following statement

I think especially in the sectors of development maintenance so like paying for servers id include in that, that'll allow maybe better Client Services in the future.

1. what do you see being the easiest part of what you set out as your main point to be achievable from the get go and other that may take some work from others?

2. do you indented to do this role solo or if people are interested to help out delegate out tasks ?

1. Yes, most likely

2. Basically, making sure Maintenance in which I see as improving existing infrastructure is focused on (maybe GW too 😄)

3. By far, Dev Dairies are the easiest just because I already have good connections in that area to be able to establish that.
    The hardest, I think is probably creating a more connected and cohesive FAF Community that heavily supports Tournaments, Development, and other things through fundraising. This is just an extremely difficult task as engagement in my eyes isn't very high from the average player.

4. It depends on how large my job is/becomes. I think Community Manager has a lot of potential to be an outreach to the general population. I think i'll definitely be looking for help and ideas!

AI Developer for FAF

FAF Developer