Insta kill for units that are off map

I suggest insta kill for all units that are sent off map whether intentional or not, after watching a recent game where several strat bombers were sent to snipe an acu, which is fair enough, however due to the fact this unit was close to the map border every strat sent in was then immediatly off the map where they where then sent to target a second acu, as they were off map they could not be targeted by asf and therefor got a second kill for free, obviously this is not by any fault of the player just the way the game is with certain map designs.

Here are a few more ways to balance it, not just insta kill

1. kill units after 3 seconds off map

2. do damage to units off map

3. prevent unit from firing off map/ espacially strat bombers who let the bombs go before even being visable on the map if target is close to map border

4. have unit lose orders when off map

5. force unit to return back to map from the point where they left.

Just means you’ll keep your acu in the far corner of the map to make half the directions of approach autokill any air. Also punishes aggression on maps where players spawn in map corners like hilly or canis.

That's no good Solution I think. You can't really prevent aerial units from flying off map once you are close to the order. And instantly loosing a unit for something you can barely prevent sounds super drastic

Map issue

Skill issue

Solutions (4) and (5) are already applied, but only when the unit is off map for a long time.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@Jip I dont know how long that would be but could i suggest trying a shorter time.

If we make the timer shorter than a normal bombing run would be cancelled. The intention is to prevent intentional exploits, not to annoy players that are just playing the game

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned