Beginning gameplay - Freeze / Error Message

Hi

Freezing upon start of games, help would be appreciated 🙂

1218f813-9851-4442-ae58-e77b6bc0d8da-game_19142619.log

advancedreclaiminfo version 1
betterreclaimview version 2
rui version 1.0

You can uninstall the deprecated mods via FAF launcher or remove the mod folder in your mod path. They are partially integrated, need an update or not supported/loaded anymore.

There are 9 mods active:

Several errors can be caused by active mods. Disable them and try to reproduce the error by enabling them one by one.

The issue is somewhere related around this

warning: Invalid args to yield(); expected tick count

But I am unable to tell which mod or even if the game itself causes it.

warning: Invalid args to yield(); expected tick count

This is from M27 AI - it always shows that warning. @maudlin27 it appears only your mod was active, and that it was unable to find the nav mesh. May be interesting for you to look at

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Thanks, having a look, the crash is happening because the game has run out of memory. There are a couple of potential issues here:
1 - M27 doesnt use the nav mesh; I've checked again this time for any of the functions that call that error message (CanPathTo, PathTo, GetLabel, GetLabelMetadata), and M27 doesnt use any of them. The only thing it does use is Unit:CanPathTo(), but I'm assuming this hasn't been hooked by FAF/the nav mesh logic to make use of the NavMesh's CanPathTo instead, in which case my guess is something else is causing this to trigger.
2 - The lack of memory happens from about 2m31 onwards, and the game gets into a loop where it uses a steadily increasing amount of memory. Checking the log after doing a hook of every function call at this point, the following lines keep repeating:
info: Every function hook: tFunctionCallByName={ table: 21885960 WaitTicks=1 }
info: Every function hook: tFunctionCallByName={ table: 21885690 nil=1 }
info: Every function hook: tFunctionCallByName={ table: 21886758 CreateSplatOnBone=1 }
info: Every function hook: tFunctionCallByName={ table: 21886AA0 nil=1 }
info: Every function hook: tFunctionCallByName={ table: 218868C0 setmetatable=1 }

CreateSplatOnBone isn't something used by M27 so this might be a FAF issue (although also possible M27 is causing it).

I'll discuss further with you in the AI discord Jip

Fixed with: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/4663

My mistake after all 🙂 , thank you for reporting it @Zigster and thank you for diving into it @maudlin27

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Thank you Magge, very much appreciated, will try it

@jip Thank you for the support 🙂

And Maudlin

Tested it and it works, impressed with the layers of feedback - You guys are on the ball