Is it OK that engi stations can eat experimentals?

@melanol Strange, I thought I'd seen asfs wipe out an enemy shield once targeting drones that were underneath the shield, must've been some other air unit that was nearby

@maudlin27
All Anti-Air fire, with the exceptionion of ASF fire, can target Kennel drones.
This includes Frigates, cruisers, Flak, static and mobile, etc. All other AA.

The reason for this is because ASF deal large amounts of damage and therefore shredded through shields.

Though, a funny and cheesy strategy -at the time,- it didn't make sense for an Air-to-Air unit to deal damage to shields; Not only did it not make sense for them to shoot shields, but, that was considered 'OP' and even broken.
Again, a very cheesy strategy to deplete shields.

Hence, why their ability to target drones was removed as of... a lot of patches ago.

Even then, Kennels still are wack. But it's nice they're getting a look at.
As for them being able to reclaim an experimental, I've never seen that done with Kennel drones, so if at all, Hives should have this ability removed.
Kennels too, to make it even and fair, but, it still wouldn't make a difference to them.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This post is deleted!

Using kennels as reclaim should be completely out of the question from the start since they dont move with the unit while reclaiming, so unless you have an hour of time you aint reclaiming a gc thats being microed.

Hives work way easier for this since they have way more range so you cant just walk a t4 or some randon t3 units in a hive farm range, although you should realise that walking units into range of a 20k mass shielded bp farm is probably not the best idea

@thewheelie said in Is it OK that engi stations can eat experimentals?:

Using kennels as reclaim should be completely out of the question from the start since they dont move with the unit while reclaiming

Can't this be fixed if Kennels could reclaim with Patrol or Attack-Move? They'd follow the unit, then, no?

(Then again, one AA will make all the difference, regardless.)

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think people missed that I was joking with kennels reclaiming GCs. Offensive reclaim with kennel drones is a complete non-issue in current balance. It's only hives that you'll occasionally see do it.

@comradestryker

they can't reclaim while following so it'd be useless regardless

@melanol said in Is it OK that engi stations can eat experimentals?:

• Came from underwater

• Lost all antiair and charging to an important target before the experimental dies to gunships

• UEF engi station flyers can go anywhere

all t4s have a flack so the drones reclaiming t4 is such a blunder

GC has no aa

GC is a fast boy he wont get really reclaimed

@ftxcommando said in Is it OK that engi stations can eat experimentals?:

GC has no aa

let its claws pull enemy air too

@rottenbanana said in Is it OK that engi stations can eat experimentals?:

all t4s have a flack so the drones reclaiming t4 is such a blunder

Only Czar, Atlantis and Ythotha.

@melanol ml mega and even fatso do have aa and mega has flack so dont lie to me