[Windows 11] Get error on client login attempt

I get the below error when trying to log into the FAF Client. When i hit the login button, i get sent to the webpage to authorize, which I do. I get the green check mark that it was successful and then this error pops up. I have successfully logged into my account and played on this client install in the past. I'm not sure what changed. Please help!

Client Version 2022.12.0
com.faforever.client.login.TokenRetrievalException: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"The provided authorization grant (e.g., authorization code, resource owner credentials) or refresh token is invalid, expired, revoked, does not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client."}
	at com.faforever.client.api.TokenService.lambda$retrieveToken$5(TokenService.java:124)
	Suppressed: The stacktrace has been enhanced by Reactor, refer to additional information below: 
Error has been observed at the following site(s):
	*__checkpoint ⇢ 400 from POST https://hydra.faforever.com/oauth2/token [DefaultWebClient]
Original Stack Trace:
		at com.faforever.client.api.TokenService.lambda$retrieveToken$5(TokenService.java:124)
		at reactor.core.publisher.MonoFlatMap$FlatMapMain.onNext(MonoFlatMap.java:125)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:129)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxContextWrite$ContextWriteSubscriber.onNext(FluxContextWrite.java:107)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:299)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxFilterFuseable$FilterFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxFilterFuseable.java:337)
		at reactor.core.publisher.Operators$MonoSubscriber.complete(Operators.java:1816)
		at reactor.core.publisher.MonoCollect$CollectSubscriber.onComplete(MonoCollect.java:160)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxPeek$PeekSubscriber.onComplete(FluxPeek.java:260)
		at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144)
		at reactor.netty.channel.FluxReceive.onInboundComplete(FluxReceive.java:400)
		at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.onInboundComplete(ChannelOperations.java:419)
		at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.terminate(ChannelOperations.java:473)
		at reactor.netty.http.client.HttpClientOperations.onInboundNext(HttpClientOperations.java:702)
		at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperationsHandler.channelRead(ChannelOperationsHandler.java:113)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412)
		at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:436)
		at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:336)
		at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:308)
		at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:251)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:442)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412)
		at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1373)
		at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decodeJdkCompatible(SslHandler.java:1236)
		at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1285)
		at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:519)
		at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:458)
		at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:280)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444)
		at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410)
		at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:440)
		at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919)
		at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:166)
		at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:788)
		at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:724)
		at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:650)
		at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:562)
		at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997)
		at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
		at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
		at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

The login web page shows the below after i authorize the login session:
0e815271-1de8-47b5-aa06-dcfeb02c42bc-image.png

Still no luck with this. Hoping someone can help...

That is a rare issue which I have not seen that often in the years, so I am not sure who to blame.

• tried different browser?
  • reinstalled everything?
  • checked security software ?
  • check old similar threads?
  • account credentials correct?

https://forum.faforever.com/search?term=TokenRetrievalException&in=titlesposts&matchWords=all&sortBy=relevance&sortDirection=desc&showAs=posts

@magge said in I can't connect to the client program::

Random guesses

Edit: Maybe @soulgamer31 can help out - he had the same problem and solved it, without telling us his secret how he did it.

I just tried to log in on a fresh install...same exact error. I don't understand what changed. I used to be able to login no problem.

The login/auth all seems to happen succesfully...then that error pops up at the last second. 😞

We need to be sure it is the same error, please remove all old logs - recreate the problem, post new log - Thanks in advance

@magge

Updated the OP with the current error details.