Icons: bots vs tanks

Why do we have different icons for bots vs tanks? In most cases, bots are considerably faster with much less armour:

• T1: LABs are a bit faster than tanks with much less HP
  • Exception: Mantis icon was changed to a tank
  • T2: Mongoose, Hoplite are on average slightly faster than T2 tanks with less than half the HP
  • Exception: Ilshavoh icon is a bot

T3 is also a bit weird:

• Othuum is a tank and Harbinger is a bot though both have similar speed and HP (when including shield)
  • Brick and Percival are "siege bots"

Suggestions:

• Change Harbinger icon to tank?
  • Change Ilshavoh icon to tank or even siege bot? (It's the slowest T2 direct-fire unit, with good range and armour.)

Motivation: didn't zoom in and thought my opponent was building Mongeese when they were in fact Ilshavoh. Yeah, wrong faction; guess I'm getting old. But the point remains: 2/3 of T2 bot units are low-HP range-support units while the last is a direct-fire "tank".

All of this can be adjusted to your liking with a UI mod, using the strategic icon replacement method that some UI mods make use of.

With regards to replacing these icons in the base game, that feels like something the balance team should think about. @Tagada what are your thoughts?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

return mantis bot icon #cybran supremacy

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Things have a bot icon when they have legs and a tank icon when they don't. (Except for Mantis but this was changed).

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Things have a bot icon when they have legs and a tank icon when they don't.

Very enlightening, thank you. Now please apply the bot icon to the Salem, ACUs, GC, etc.

@cyborg16

I would argue that the ACU/SACU icon is just a fancy bot icon. And maybe it would be cool for each experimental to have a custom icon instead of a boring circle.

You got me with the Salem tho lol

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u