Unknown structured exception

I'm not opening a download link, due to security reasons. Best to use www.pastebin.com if you intend to share a log

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

It is likely the same bug, and related to your system. See my previous message about locked files.

@jip I don't even have an antivirus, and how would randomly restarting FAF heal this (it does)?

Because then the file isn't locked anymore, usually it is a virus scanner (Windows Defender?) that is locking files randomly (to scan them).

I can't play ranked now because I get an error too often. I can only play custom games: If an attempt to enter a game fails, I just reenter, and it often works.

This is what I get trying ladder: https://pastebin.com/fVYSzzyh.

For now, it seems like the best fix available is trying to enter/create a game until there is no error, and then play ladder.

@Melanol

just a guess:
what nvidia driver version are you running ?
the newest or an older one ?

maybe reinstall the nvidia driver and DirectX9c

@uveso I somehow play 6 other modern games without any issues.

@melanol said in Unknown structured exception:

@uveso I somehow play 6 other modern games without any issues.

I think it's important to remember FAF isn't a modern game, so this doesn't mean much.

A quick google search for NVD3DREL: GR-805 mention something about issues with specific nvidia drivers.

Make sure that older directx (important to note that newer versions don't include older versions) is properly installed.

If you are using Windows, and haven't installed any security software yourself, you are using the default Windows Defender-try making an exception for the game folder.

So, I don't know what exactly fixed it, but I installed a lot of games, and it stopped.