The Problems With The UEF - Part 3 (The Parashield)

Isn't one of the lore points of Aeon that they have really good shields, since they originally copied the Seraphim?

@comradestryker said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 3 (The Parashield):

How exactly do they behave differently?

in this matchup percies kite, while harbs all in into the percies, trying to run them down. with proper micro this heavily favours percies. In this case for percies shields serve to reduce losses and can easily reduce losses down to 0 since the harbs die/have to disengage before even a single shield dies.
For the harbs the shields are just a minor hp boost slightly increasing the strenght of the attack.
Ergo: in this example UEF profiles far more than aeon from mobile shields, meaning there is no reason at all for shields to have "equal" stats.

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .

@warreaper001

Isn't one of the lore points of Aeon that they have really good shields, since they originally copied the Seraphim?

I believe they were shown "The Way" (great name xD) which was a teaching / religion of sorts, no?
Their designs reflect their mutual relationship but I don't know anything about shield lore.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@farmseatmushroom

Ergo: in this example UEF profiles far more than aeon from mobile shields, meaning there is no reason at all for shields to have "equal" stats.

Fair point. However, percies are slower, Harbs can catch up or even dodge an incoming Percy shot.

With proper micro and mass for mass on Percies vs Harbs, (Harbs are ~30% cheaper)
I believe Harbs would win. Percies deal high alpha damage, but against multiple targets, and long fire cooldown, Harbs would catch up an can outmaneuver them, at least, that's what happens to me often.

I mean, it could go either way, depending on micro, obviously.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The dualist has a video on t3 bots, I believe the harbs won it, but this is without micro.

@veteranashe

The dualist has a video on t3 bots, I believe the harbs won it, but this is without micro.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they won. More targets are not good for Percies, lol.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

With proper micro and mass for mass on Percies vs Harbs, (Harbs are ~30% cheaper)
I believe Harbs would win.

As you state in your prior posts, youre a 1k. If you actually want to convince anyone, especially when disagreein with in points that invalidate your argumentation you should bring actual evidence.
"I believe xxx" is a 100% worthless argument.

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .

I believe a long time ago it was thought aeon was very power hungry because of the obsidian sheild and their t2 sheild tank and without power it's hard for aeon to compete. It might be that their sheild tank has to be lower e maintenance for balance reasons and messing with the parasheild could break this, idk I'm just some guy.

I don't think we should be really messing with this.

@farmseatmushroom

As you state in your prior posts, youre a 1k. If you actually want to convince anyone, especially when disagreein with in points that invalidate your argumentation you should bring actual evidence.
"I believe xxx" is a 100% worthless argument.

With this mod, we can now visualize most of the changes (as well as upcoming ones) I have proposed with units, abilities, and structures. Now, we can all gather data together! This mod is still a work-in-progress and most stats are subject to change due to adjustments and tweaks.

I already offered what I could, here. I showcased stats and numbers. However, anything I don't know is concluded and based on my experiences with FAF.

You are more than welcome to go fetch the actual evidence and draw your own conclusions.
After all, that is why I shared the mod.

Though, everything is subject to change. 😁

Thanks for your understanding, sir.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@veteranashe

I believe a long time ago it was thought aeon was very power hungry because of the obsidian sheild and their t2 sheild tank and without power it's hard for aeon to compete. It might be that their sheild tank has to be lower e maintenance for balance reasons and messing with the parasheild could break this, idk I'm just some guy.

I don't think we should be really messing with this.

The Obsidian and the Shield tank are one and the same. Currently - The Obsidian's shield is very cheap to run. It costs a whopping -10 E. Yeah, 10 energy. And you're gaining 1,500 SHP. If anything, it should be increased, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

The point of this discussion was to show how inefficient the Parashield is.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Obsidian and the Shield tank are one and the same. Currently - The Obsidian's shield is very cheap to run. It costs a whopping -10 E. Yeah, 10 energy. And you're gaining 1,500 SHP. If anything, it should be increased, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

The point of this discussion was to show how inefficient the Parashield is.

It's hard to have a 'balance' discussion when there's no firm ground to stand on. Strangely, no one wants to tackle that subject.

It was tackled. It’s called the pinned guidelines.