SCTA Project: Balance, Bugfixing, and more!

Too bad for many of us who dont play faf online we will never be able to enjoy these mods. Wish you guys could make a version working with offline skirmish or local lan at most. But i guess it must be incredibly hard to do that...?? . . .

The version on github should be usable. On any location. Contact me on Discord and I’ll try and het it working and setup for you.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Today update:
Some bugfixes, and footprints. Didn't get much done this week honestly was working a temp job. Roaching Bombing works once more, Spiders do Spider things. A few more superflous files removed so that the amount of things loaded have been condensed. Sadly had to remove in feature on the pod due to bugs. Hopefully be able to add it back eventually.

Refreshed the projectiles meshes and such. Tomorrow be Gameplay testing day. Also as a note:
There is no adjacaney for TA factions, for all those playing the mod.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

So be making a couple updates and reworks in coming days. Mostly minor adjustments overall. Spawn code been reworked a bit again. Here big thing:

We got zooming in to work correctly now. Also if you play game witj SCTA Mod please add SCTA to game title

This week SCTA is up a couple bug fixes, and cleaned up code. Commanders gotten a minor touch. Mostly QOL changes. After Sunday gameplay testing, the final patch be prepped and readied for the tournament.

Beside Wednesday release, and anything last minute messages, about breaking things or balance concerns. This patch which took in consideration the discussions and talks from Sunday Balancing. T2 was adjusted in terms of cost.

Great to see you are putting all this effort into the mod 🙂 . Keep it up!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

So factory and assist bug has been fixed. And some clean up. Hopefully factory bug is actually gone now but based on tests and attempts to recreate it. It appears to be.

So this been a major update taking in consideration several things from the tournament. Several OTA units now disabled in balance will likelyhood of one or two more in the longrun. The deployment of T3 Development Labs. Do note these Units will still be weaker T3 than Supcom T3's. As one of the major reasonings for this change is the cleaning of the interface, the other unit likely disabled in will be scout hovercrafts. Or Scout Hovercrafts will have counter intel as well omni. That they currently have access to.

Several factories have been resized, the Air Engineers have been given moderate nerfs. Decoy Commanders are now buildable only in Gantries and are something akin RAS-Combat SACU. The Warriors have gotten some minor nerfs to make them less powerful. Several accuracy and improper targeting issues have been resolved. Furthermore we now have confirmation that in two weeks time, I will be hosting an expedition game. Wherein Postal of TA, the best or second best TA players still playing today, will be facing against F-Odin.

Additionally units and models from TA Zero have been ported and replacing numerous ARM Units. Looking at around 100 or more unit models replaced entirely now.

This weeks updates:
Cleaning up of several function, hitboxes overhaul and a couple more units disabled in balanced. A complete list will be published eventually. Otherwise transports been work to now able to transport Supcom, T2 and T3. A couple fiddling with hotkeys to make it so less 'units' show up and make hotkeys for certain buildings more usable.

Big Birtha and Immidator both a rather sigificant range buff added to them. To be try and emulate there original utility in TA. And to remade into of TA strength's. Otherwise just some basic adjustments and reworking.

What's the best to way to play this mod in AI games? Can the AI play as these factions at all? Or is using the Balanced version of the mod and having the AI play a regular faction the only way to go?

Best way is way SCTAFix and Balance enabled. And the ai cannot play a ta faction

Awesome! Thanks for the response 😄

This week updates:
Some reworks of TA Mexes, Hitboxes and standard footprint things. Several new models ported such as new arm warrior and thunder. Additionally somehow missed that core anti-air flak had the wrong model still. So that was replaced. Other units rebalanced and things. Some reversions of some ideas I was testing are now done.

So some an emergency bugfix was released also some coding cleaning was done. But now here is an important question and wanting to canvas opanions:

SCTA does not have an Engi Mod currently implemented into its balance. And I am back and forth on longrun intending to add one. I have a couple options avaliable to me I could consider. But for now here is the the thing.

A TA Factories have same relative BP to a Supcom similarly tiered factory. A Pillar vs TA Pillar Equivalent unassisted draws same amount of mass and takes same amount of time to produce. However I do emphasis phrase a relative.

The RAW BP of a TA T2 Factory is around 26-30 BP
While RAW BP of Supcom T2 Factory is 40.

The TA and Supcom Engies have about same RAW BP count. (12-13)

A TA T2 Engi Assisting a TA T2 Factory increases its BP by 50% or 33% (26 to 39). So takes 10 seconds to 5 seconds. At 150 Mass per T2 TA Engineer

A Supcom T2 Engineer assisting a Supcom T2 Factory increases BP by slightly more than 25% or 20% depending how you want to look at taking that above mentioned Pillar it goes from 10 seconds to about 7 or 8 seconds. At cost of around 130 an Engineer.

This becomes even more notable a T3 Stage as TA Factories go from 26 to 30 or 36 depending. With there T3 Engies at around 18 build power. So about 2/3 or to a half a T3 Factory BP. Additionally they only cost a T1 Engi more in price (50 Mass).

This week update is doing a psuedo engimod, for the factories and some reworking. As well as some unit balancing as well. Including there been more cleaning up of code.

This week, is important update and love hear feedback given some of these changes are very drastic.

So this week update:
Brings a pretty massive naval update. Stage 1 Of Naval Rebalancing (i.e. me eyeballing) is now done. Be looking at some test games to adjust then look at the Spreadsheet made by @Harzer99 before I go on to do some more micro adjustments. Otherwise the opening has been redone a bit. You'll notice Commanders have there spawn animations now.

Tomorrow a Big Day for SCTA!
The First Exhibition Game: A Clash Across Time (and Franchises!)
In one corner, is Postal, he has recently published an interview with Chris Taylor, has agreed to show us noobs, what the old pros, can do.

Repping TA, and using his old reliable Core Commander
PostalArmy - Imgur (1).png

And the mighty CORE arsenal shouldn't be taken lightly, old is not the same as weak. PostalArmy - Imgur.png

But us here at FAF we are not without our defenders! After all, we can some show some of these old dogs some new tricks. Represented by Swkoll, one of our finest UEF mains and tournament directors, us at FAF representing Supreme Commander will be putting a solid foot forward.

With the Supreme Commander Big Boy, UEF Armored Command Unit in hand, Swkoll will be taking the field, to show his predecessor, that Supreme Commander is not to be taken lightly.

Swkoll - Imgur.png

Leading the UEF Forces, Swkoll will be showing folks at Total Annihilation that sometimes newer is better. After all shields are nice after all aren't they?

Swkoll - Imgur (1).png

Who will win in this clash of Titans? New vs Old? Greying or our young hot rods? 10PM EST, December 7th, come and find out!

Post v Swkoll.png

There will be a Stream by Swkoll of the games on Twitch, while Postal will be doing a replay casting of the games later that week.

So Postal lost to Swkoll 4 to 0. Congratulations to Swkoll, hope our viewers watched it. I'll be doing an update tomorrow evening. And here is the major things to expect:
Code Cleaning has happened.
Naval has nearly finished its second round adjustments.
After these last adjustments be looking at the Spreadsheet for R3 Adjustments
Additional prep will begin in earnest for next set of exhibition games and tournaments. The game Tournament is tentatively set for Middle of January and be once more be a 2v2.
Be making new factional avatars as well. Or well TA Face Avatars. Or more specifically they will be designed to fit in as such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zL_XRafDAQ&ab_channel=Swkoll > Swkoll prospective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3_OQ_zN5XE&ab_channel=TotalAnnihilationReplays > Postal

In Postal Stream Game Begin at 36 minute mark

Todays updates:
The final refactoring of factory code is now done. It might soon be time kill the hideflare function after all these years.

No major balance updates really