FAF Leaderboards 4.0!

Something really wrong with placement of this buttons

abc5b339-fe20-4e30-b072-99f6bb66b107-image.png

@Javi
Re-add global rating leaderboard data. It's useful/nice to be able to look at and search a global rating leaderboard. Far more custom games get played than any matchmaker queue type, and many people play mostly or entirely custom games. If win rates are too inaccurate, they don't need to be displayed; they're not so informative in our TrueSkill-based system anyway.

pfp credit to gieb

I feel like winrate is broken, is that possible to be 2400 with lower then <40% winrate xD? its should be like 1 win vs 2300 when I was 1700 with 3-4 loses. And like 2k games with it. Or I always played versus higher rated as like 400 more rated playes. Or was like lose first 1k games after I got my first win XD.

UPD: Or maybe thats stuff for real showing broken rating drops by massive players of our community when I was lower ranked. But thats for realy strange to have much rating and have lower then 50,0001% winrate, it means, I lose half of games, and still keep at same place, or idk xD wtf, how to analyse thats.

UPD2: Also Kazbek stats showing 52,28% winrate, Yea seems like its broken anyway.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Also all time winrate dont showing anything, the good idea its winrate of 3 last month, or 6 month.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

My winrate has consistently gotten worse as I've gotten better at the game

https://aoe2.net/#aoe2de-leaderboard-rm-1v1

Maybe can take some things from this

There is no point in having a custom game leaderboard. PLayers have so much control what maps and positions and with whom they play, that a rating comparison of different players makes no sense, which is the whole purpose of a leaderboard.
In this community we are already an outlier by providing rated custom games. Many other games don't even do that.

There absolutely is a point. We have already established that although global rating is flawed, a very large portion of the community cares about global rating and considers it useful/desirable to see. If you can't remember that, you're welcome to reread the global rating-related discussions circa last year's PC election.

pfp credit to gieb

Not only is this a terrible argument that has nothing to do with the purpose of a leaderboard but you also attempted to move the goalpost from “the need for a global leaderboard” to “people like global rating” so nice one on that.

If we could include accurate win rates that would be cool, but the current win rates used have been broken for some time. The streaks from AoE seem cool. It would also be interesting to have longer timespans as an option, but not default, perhaps all time, 5 years, and 1 year.