[Discontinued] Ethereal FAF Client 1.0

Advanced chat menu?

@ftxcommando said in What would you like to see in new client:

never getting into a game just because people see their ping is 450 in game?

I would politely suggest the issue here is that FAF is not educating players that a ping of 500 or less does not affect the game.

Then you also have the dual gap lobbies where dudes enforce military discipline about cpus and mark people as laggers because the game went -1 at min 15.

I understand there will always be hardcore players. And while no system would be perfect, it could be evolved over time. Off the top of my head, for example you could limit the amount of feedback a player can recieve per game or you could monitor the players who give an excessive amount of negative feedback. I'm sure there are many possibilities. I think all data is good and can be used as a foundation for further decision making.

I apologise to Eternal if I've made this thread go off-topic. The work so far in his client looks very sexy indeed 🙂

@scout_more_often nah, its fine. Lets fire this place

I think, i can make a possibility for players to mark some comments about them for review by moderators so then they will make decision about keep that comment or not.

Emojis right here.
Format:
:name:

i downloaded pack for discord with some additional information as â„–- at the beginning, made some workaround, so i think it will be more easily to add new emojis in future

Home page concept design.

Embedded browser is expensive, and I think its useless as page and I came with idea to create some home page with all stuff in compact mode. Design was stolen xD

Stuff like best players, top played maps, stats, etc

demo.png

@Eternal Ooo im liking how you have intergrated the news

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I like the addition of livestreams. Not too sure about the redundancy of the lobbies though. Feel like it takes up screenspace while being far less usable then the global games tab.

@techhousenoob In this lobby list will be only best lobbies, that will pass through special filter

Being able to connect again without Steam would be nice. Steam's cancer, plus already got the game form GOG.

Beta highlight of chat improvements.

Base fundament for next future stuff like player card on click on player nick in chat

@zsombi This is not Going to change Steam link is their for a reason

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Variants of chat bg

73363912-8cdd-4820-b76a-584ed56ac8df-image.png

d9eaedcf-e09d-4afb-ab9a-cdf8619076bd-image.png

cards cards, suggestions?

cb400722-3983-4db2-895e-def118c2b754-image.png
19dbdb9c-33cc-4046-9b7d-5eb520313e3d-image.png

Replace the US flag with an eagle holding dual assault rifles

@aulex Send it there i will look

What do you think about additional information in chat? Is it too much?

9fed0ebf-8d51-4390-a682-39593c44b55b-image.png