Converting Advanced Strategic Icons

@jip link for ASI or for Penguins Icon Mod ? I didn't really create the mod in a proper way I just tried to see if icons works so I modify existing Penguins Icon Mod for myself only. I will read how to create mods and try to make a proper one. Never tried create mod before

@giebmasse yep I used the same

Ok, I have converted everything, how do I publish a mod?

Ok I published them

Due to copyright issues with the author these are likely to be removed as we work things out with the author

@sheikah oh copyright? so author have to publish it? I can share folder with him through google drive or something

or we need to redo all icons?

Penguin has put his icons into the public domain (that's how I'm interpreting his 1 sentence license) so you can use and modify those all you want and upload a mod that uses them: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2554/list-of-crowdsourced-icons-for-ui-mods/2?_=1632360371537

ok it getting complicated in terms of copyright and sht, I only started to do this cause I had problems with icons. All I did replaced icons in Penguins mod with ASI icons. I solved icons for myself it is very easy. If anyone need I can share mods folders with different sizes of icons

I cant seem to get my mex or pgen icons back. Ive tried makin a new mod folder which didnt work and have tried installing penguins mod , im sure it installed because the ACU icon was different but still no mex or pgen icons. I am lost . :(*

@toontrack

You might want to try temporarily deleting or moving all of your downloaded mods to another folder (that FA/FAF won't access) and seeing if that resolves your issues. There presently seem to be some bugs that result in certain downloaded mods (that use custom textures) affecting images despite not being enabled... Alternatively, you could try putting the (properly named) mex/pgen icons into the icon mod folder (in the same location where the change ACU icon/etc is).

pfp credit to gieb

There seems to be something in how the ASI DDS files are saved. Simply opening and exporting from gimp and copying back seems to work. Also if you are installing other mod might want to make sure the original ASI nxt file is gone from gamedata folder.

Also ASI installer installs scd version into steam folder. Don't think that would affect faf, but maybe coop still uses the steam files?

But maybe remove it as well to rule out issue.

You guys are genius... Thank you! I changed name on mods folder and then created a new mods folder .....I have icons! I have no clue what mod and or mods were creating the issue , I don't use them and most of them have been in there for years. Thanks again

This topic can be closed in favor of this topic.

edit: I'm thanking everyone for their work on trying to convert the ASI set. Sadly, we never got a reply from the original author.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned