Lagging games

Sometimes when i enter a 4v4 5v5 or 6v6 the game lags like hell

Do i have to endure the lag to not lose ELO?
what´s the proper way to deal with the situation?
Can i detect who is the responsible for the lag?

F11, check who is behind, that's usually enough. If the game is unplayable and the offending player refuses to leave, typically everyone else will just leave instead-I'm never too sure about how long exactly, but if it is done before 5 minutes has passed the game will be unranked so no damage on your rating.

So, to reiterate, the proper way to deal with the situation is to check f11, see how is behind, call them out and ask them to leave-if they don't, probably either the host or someone else will say RE and everyone will leave.

@deletethis

I lost ELO cause i controled K in an unplayable game it was like 1min in.
I need to wait til 5min to not lose ElO?

@kdrafa91 Definitely not, the earlier the better. If it was a team game, perhaps no one else left and the game went on and your team ended up losing. Check the replay to see if that was the case.

1 minute real time (not game time) per player needs to pass before a game is ranked.

Also yes, more players means more likely lag.

So 4v4 means 8 minutes of real time needs to pass for game to be ranked? Including pauses? Why not to have some game time necessaire too. In noob games no one really looks at real time and people take time to react, then they discuss about f11, then they discuss who is lagging, why is lagging, then they pause (or not) and try to fix it etc. game with only one minut of game time and no shots fired can be rated. I do not know the raisoning behind this rule, but it seems that those games should better not be rated. Maybe 8 minutes of real time and 4 minutes of game time? Or only 5 minutes of game time necessaire for game to be ranked?

Far as I know it’s because the server doesn’t actually get game time reported to it.

@ftxcommando said in Lagging games:

1 minute real time (not game time) per player needs to pass before a game is ranked.

With the first ACU dying it's also ranked.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@ftxcommando said in Lagging games:

Far as I know it’s because the server doesn’t actually get game time reported to it.

Exactly

Just add the offending player to your FOE list in chat afterwards and over time you'll build up a list of people to avoid who keep joining games fully knowing that they'll make the game miserable for everyone...sigh...