Is an Idea about rankings at FAF with stats from Tourneys/tbh

Does it get resetted every year or will it just be a permanent ladder?

@swkoll Did you use the same sigma as in chess? The distribution appears to be very tight. Or is it just the lack of games so far?

@harzer99 I used https://pypi.org/project/elo/ with 1000 default rating. Everyone just has very few games because there haven't been that many tourneys + I didn't bother going back past 2019 LotS.

Not sure if this elos really told who is better, somehow it need to compare with true ladder winnings, maybe league seasons stats.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Ladder league results are misleading in terms of who is the best cause very few top 5 players participate in them.

and that is true too <(

I think that in terms of determining top 10 players it's best to only look at the big premiere events like Swkoll's invitationals and LoTS (and upcomming Mini Lots tourneys)

That's basically what Swkoll's Leadearboard does and for the top 8 players I think it's pretty accurate but it gets less accurate with the lower seeds.

@tagada so is my stats there post I does is shows real statistics.Good

Sadly those elo stats are completely useless, the distribution is way too tight - this list says things like bennis vs nexus is only like 65-70% winrate for nexus.

Your best clue to see who is good is asking the top players, we have nothing else. It also varies a ton depending on form/rust/maps/etc.

Ban Anime

No shit. But its a cool thing to look at the relative hierarchy for tournament matches.