Lag Issues

Hey, Ive been playing this game for awhile in Tokyo and I used to have little to no connection issues. Probably about 6 months ago I have had alot of issues with my games. It can be a coin toss whether or not I have good con or not. I have no idea on how to solve this issue could I get some advice/pointers in a direction to help fix this issue?

I have pretty fast internet download/upload speed is: https://www.speedtest.net/result/16178208946.png so I don't think it is an ISP issue, but I am noob when it comes to electronics.

@cheerios Unfortunately, the majority of FAF infrastructure has been under near-constant DDOS attacks since the end of September/beginning of October. A lot of measures have been taken to mitigate those attacks, but they're still happening & not all are able to be dealt with. The hardest hit systems now are the Coturn servers, which are used to assist with making connections between players when a stable P2P connection can't be established. At this time, there's only 1 Cotrun (labeled Global) that is having better success than the others because it's a 3rd party service with some additional protections.

With all that said, here are the current best suggestions for helping with connection issues:

In the FAF client, go to the top left menu > Settings:

1. General > Write ICE Log File > check
  2. (Windows only) Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > check > click "Get the latest version of the debugger"
  3. Allow the ICE adapter to use IPv6 > unchecked
  4. Preferred Coturns for ICE > select only Global

Next, quit the client (check Task Manager). Once it's completely closed, open the client again & play.

The next time you join a game & have connection issues, please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. Next, go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified, then drag/drop these files into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at:

1. client.log file (the Text Document file without the date)
  2. ice-adapter.log & advanced-ice-adapter.log (both in a separate folder)
  3. if the game actually launched, then also include the latest game_2xxxxxxx.log file

@mostlostnoob You think using a VPN and making my connection in America or somewhere can help mitigate the lag?