Game keeps crashing on Dual Gap

For some reason on Dual Gap map 12 player map, very late into the game (around 45m to an hour in) the game just completely crashes for me. It's happened fairly consistently recently, and appears to be specific to this map (or perhaps it's the number of players or just the time length of the game). One time I wanted to make sure the game wouldn't crash, so I literally did nothing and just sat there for a few minutes, and the game still crashed.

I've attached the error log. The last error seems to be

warning: Error running lua script: ...\.faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\effectutilities.lua(345): attempt to loop over field `BuildEffectBones' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
         	...\.faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\effectutilities.lua(345): in function <...\.faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\effectutilities.lua:341>
         	...ata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\units\cybran\cairfactoryunit.lua(62): in function <...ata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\units\cybran\cairfactoryunit.lua:56>

I've attached the full error log
game_22060588 (1).log

Edit:
Ubuntu 22.04, attaching another log file, confirmed no mods when playing. game_22074926.log

@jfuruness If you're using Windows, then please go to FAF client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > ✔ > click "Get the latest version of the debugger". This will create a more detailed log to assist with troubleshooting.

If you're using linux, then do not enable the debugger as it's incompatible with linux.

Next, create a game with no mods enabled. Be sure to check in the in-game lobby > Mods (or in-game lobby > Options > Mods) to ensure that all mods are disabled. Doing this will ensure that the base FAF game is working correctly. If the base FAF game crashes, then please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. Next, please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. From there, drag/drop the most recent game_22xxxxxx.log file (should be of the last game that crashed) into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at.

If the base FAF game doesn't crash, then create another game, but enable only 1 mod. Again, be sure to check in the in-game lobby > Mods (or in-game lobby > Options > Mods) to ensure that all but the 1 mod are disabled, then play the game. Repeat this process by enabling only 1 more mod each game until you get to the crash, then you'll have a good idea which mod is either causing the crash directly, (due to a code error or a mod mismatch between you both) or is interacting with another mod in an odd way. Once you discover the mod causing issues, then you should search the FAF Forums > Modding & Tools section to see if there's a thread specifically for that mod (should be created by the mod author or maintainer), then make a post in there with your latest game log asking for help.

The game I was playing didn't have mods if I remember properly, and I am using linux (ubuntu 22.04). I'll play another game today though just in case to check.

confirmed no mods, played another game, same error. Idk how to attach another log file but it's the same error as the one above. I even redownloaded and installed the game from scratch. (I attached the log file to the og post)

@jfuruness I'm afraid somebody else will need to take a look at this for you. Perhaps our lead game dev @Jip or our linux guru @iczero will have better luck.

Thanks, ya no worries if you guys got other stuff going on, was hoping it would be a quick one

I've opened an issue for this. I believe I've identified the two bugs that cause this issue and how to fix them, but I'm not a game dev so hopefully someone else can tackle this at some point (thanks again for the volunteer work). Link here:

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/issues/5989