Recent Network issue

Hello,

I've been playing this game for now over 12/13 years and lagged about 2 or 3 times only. I tend to host a lot of games, especially Thermo. For couple weeks now something very weird is happening, I doubt it is related to my internet connection (Wired), but maybe to the update on the client or ICE adapter.

Indeed after playing for about 15/20 minutes, I see a lot of players disconnecting, and when looking at F11, it is almost a Christmas tree blinking !, They disconnect and reconnect extremely quickly non-stop. Everybody is impacted, when I leave the game, they are able to continue playing without issue.

I did update my network driver on Windows 11, and try to optimize a couple of parameters but no improvement were observed

It seems that BruceLee - lag and stutter mid game/ late is experiencing the same issue

Attached all log folder

2024-01-28 - Weird network recent issue.zip

The infrastructure of FAF is being DDOS'ed and one consequence of that is the connectivity issues people are having. One of the bits and pieces of our infrastructure are our relays that help people connect. The Christmas tree that you observed means that players are constantly losing connection to (likely) a relay and then immediately trying to connect to another relay.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Not sure why would FAF be DDOS, surely some idiotic script kiddies.