Game still creates crash log after game finished have to alt tab to exit and close crash log

@MostLostNoob I never noticed the offline tab at the bottom of the client the above is very helpful. The Steam version works so I will give that a go with the FAF client and see if these crashes persist. Thank you for your help.

Well I've given up trying to fix this. The Steam version doesn't fix the crash log when a game is finished.
I'm suspecting it's the FAF client that is causing this. Checked firewall and Windows 11 settings set for gaming. Everything works except when you select to exit the game. Thank you all for trying to help resolve this.

Last entries from the recent crash log

warning: Error running lua script: Failed to attach entity xas0204 to /projectiles/sinker/sinker_proj.bp on bone 1
stack traceback:
[C]: in function AttachBoneTo' ...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(56): in function StartSinking'
...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(35): in function <...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua:33>
debug: Loading module: /units/ueb0201/ueb0201_script.lua
debug: Current gametime: 00:21:00
debug: Loading module: /units/xss0202/xss0202_script.lua
debug: Matchstate - defeated: recurrentgate
debug: Matchstate - won: Heavenly
debug: Matchstate - won: SomuchCancer
debug: Matchstate - won: Uchiha_Izumi
debug: Matchstate - won: FritzBoxDe
debug: Matchstate - won: Overlander101
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 2 defeat -10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 1 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 5 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 7 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 9 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 11 victory 10
debug: Loading module: /lua/system/dkson.lua
info: Score data received!
info: syncing max ping markers: 15
debug: OpenMovie /movies/menu_background.sfd: 277556
debug: Preparing movie /movies/menu_background.sfd: 277556
info: Block is too late !
info: terminated
info: /init
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 277556
info: Minimized true
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 1
info: Minimized false
info: Minimized true
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 1
info: Minimized false
info: GPGNET: setting nat handler to 0x00000000
info: CNetTCPBuf::Read(): recv() failed: WSAEINTR

@heavenly The end of this log indicates that you're still using the DVD version of the game for the vanilla SCFA assets that FAF uses, not the Steam version.

You need to go to FAF Client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Game Location > Choose... > navigate to the root folder of your Steam install (should be something like: ...\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance > Select Folder.

If you need help locating the root folder of your Steam SCFA install, go to Steam > Library > right-click SCFA > Manage > Browse Local Files.

@MostLostNoob I installed the Steam version of the game and still got the crash log after a game. I have since gone back to my DVD version as the Steam version did not resolve this. Thanks for your help.

@heavenly I understand that you installed the Steam version of SCFA, but did you make the change I stated in my previous posts that would tell FAF to use your Steam install instead of the DVD install?

As I said, the last partial log you posted showed that FAF was still using the assets from the DVD version, not Steam.

@MostLostNoob Yes I used Revo uninstaller to completely remove the DVD version of the game. Then I installed steam version and directed the FAF client to the Steam directory where the game is installed. When I still experienced the crash log with the steam version I went back to a restored backup on my PC back to the DVD version. On one occasion I did not get the crash log happen with the DVD version of the game. That was when there was a patch update on the game. But after another game the crash log re appeared. Does it matter where the DVD version or the Steam version is installed?. As I installed them on my G: logical drive not in the C directory where the Windows 11 OS is installed. Same partition but in other logical drive G: Is there a way for the gamedata to be loaded again maybe give that a try? I have asked in the game lobby and other players are also experiencing the crash log when exiting a finished game. I might also try another tab to exit the game not the one in the standard menu where all the game info is. On my other PC that is Windows 7 64 bit that my son uses and plays FAF there is never any crash log created when exiting a finished game with the latest client and game patch.

@heavenly I have seen post is various places from other players that they had issues of one sort or another unless they installed vanilla SCFA on the same drive/partition as the OS, so you may want to give that a try.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I also know of a couple players (myself included) that had a similar issue as yours which was resolved by moving the vanilla SCFA install to an external non-NVMe drive. For an unknown reason, some NVMe drives seem to mess with the timing of events SCFA is executing, so it crashes.

@MostLostNoob The C drive installation did not work. Restored a backup to where the vanilla FAF game was in the G Drive.
Finally I think I have resolved the log crash issue. I made some minor changes. I played a game in Window mode and also enabled IPv6 in the settings. I also disabled Acronis cyber protect even though exceptions were added.
There was no game crash log. May help others to giving this a try if they are experiencing this.

Glad that it is working out so far @Heavenly — In general, I would recommend against using Supreme Commander in full-screen mode. The ~15-year-old game engine tends to be too clunky to handle it, when you alt+tab or have a multi-monitor setup.

Anyone who is interested in borderless full-screen can check out this thread

There are several simple solutions which anyone can apply — If you google, there are ton of easy 1-click tools that do everything for you, like Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher or Borderless Gaming

Thanks @MostLostNoob @magge have had several games now no crash logs after each game.