Why Slow Game when CPU & GPU not "heavy loaded?"

Hi.
Sometimes FAF runt "smoth" , no lagg with 12 players online.
But often my "maxsp" (Max Game Simulation) are down to -4
but looking at the CPU it´s only 20% loaded in Windows, and GPU about 30%, and Network up to 100 Mbit / sek, (I have 500 fiber and LAn CABLE) ... SO why IS the game sometimes/often down to -4 in mid game - but not always? No spooling on disk, I have 32 GB memory ..... etc. On LAN with like 9000 units there is no lagg, but often online .....

Thanks for help !!

@zomebody said in Why Slow Game when CPU & GPU not "heavy loaded?":

Hi.
Sometimes FAF runt "smoth" , no lagg with 12 players online.
But often my "maxsp" (Max Game Simulation) are down to -4
but looking at the CPU it´s only 20% loaded in Windows, and GPU about 30%, and Network up to 100 Mbit / sek, (I have 500 fiber and LAn CABLE) ... SO why IS the game sometimes/often down to -4 in mid game - but not always? No spooling on disk, I have 32 GB memory ..... etc. On LAN with like 9000 units there is no lagg, but often online .....

CPU - i5 2,9 Ghz running at 4,2 GHz

Thanks for help !!

The game can only run fast as the slowest player's computer because it is synchronous multiplayer

If you press F11 during the game it will show information in the top right corner about whose computer is slow

It will show whether each player can run the game at 0 (full speed), -1 (slow) . . . -4 (very slow)

Yes I Know, ans sometime its ME that are -4 and the others are +1 around that, but when looking at the workload (alt + tab) oyt to windows, and looking at Performance Ctrl + alt +delete, the last minute the CPU and GPU, Network and Memory have only been on about 20% workload ..... so it should be no problem .... but still is ....

You need to look at the load of the individual cores. I bet one is at 100%

@zomebody The simulation mostly runs single threaded, so only on one core.
depending on you CPU core count 20% might be one core fully utilized for the simulation.
Network speed and lan vs. online has no impact on the simulation speed. With bad network connectivity the game will micro stutter instead of the sim actually slowing down.