(canceled) King of DualGap 210$

You can’t do optimal balance tournaments.

@Mod_Councillor I mean, you could. You have rounds and randomize the players in each match. Then you track the wins/losses for each player over several rounds. Now there are obvious flaws: you don't have consistent teams, you create incentives for rating manipulation, and running such a tournament would be confusing for players, but you could do it.

Rewarding individual players will incentivize throwing games to let some friend of yours who is neck and neck for a top placement to get further.

I guess you could just do it for fun? It’s still more than likely going to lead to drama regardless.

If you create the teams before the tourney it isn’t optimal balance?

I’m going to assume you mean some RNG bot creates all the teams from a list of participants. Problem with that is that it doesn’t address any problem of “noob stomp” teams as they still exist and will come down to the whims of a pretourney draft. It also means that high rated players have no way of coming up with some sort of teamplay with their team and the games are just the same low quality garbage of just playing 6v6 dual gap in custom games that Saturday/Sunday. So why even bother having the tournament instead of joining the dozen dual gaps online at any point?