strategic icon

@reckless_charger I tried all the available mods for icons that are in the repository, from all the blood from the eyes

playing with standard icons or using other modules does not give any pleasure and breaks the whole gameplay, the desire to play with such icons disappears

@hoschmosch said in strategic icon:

What is the problem to Copy a "save" mod and exchange the icons with the ASI icons.

It would be copyright violation, so you couldn't discuss it on the forums. But nothing would stop you from using it when you played FAF

If anyone has a problem with strategic icons and no mods help, I’ll share my solution that helped me get back the old icons:

1 Download in Steam game discussions (old strategic icons)
2 Go to the folder (where the game is stored) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\gamedata and open the textures file with Winrar
3 Go to the directory \textures\ui\common\game\strategicicons and copy here, replacing the files, all the icons that you downloaded earlier

(I apologize for the Google translation)

ASI are installed in the folder c:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata.
The file "Advanced strategic icons.nxt" will be there.
You need to change the extension of the .nxt file to .zip.
Now if you unzip this archive you will find all icon textures with the extension .dds.
Now you need to install the mod "Reworked Strategic Icons".
In the folder with the installed mod will be directory "custom-strategic-icons" with files with the extension .dds.
Now all you need to do is copy the dds files from the ASI mod into the "custom-strategic-icons" folder with replacement.
Now you need to enable the mod when creating the lobby.
The lobby should be created 2 times.
Hope this helps.

Thanks @deVasto I had to delete that copy of "Advanced Strategic Icons.nxt" in order to get the icon mod to work at all.

For some of us, there is also a copy of "Advanced Strategic Icons.nxt" in ProgramData/FAForever/ReplayData/GameData

I don't know if it is also necessary to delete that file, it's probably a good idea to do that also.

Also, I can confirm that what @deVasto is suggesting (to get another custom icons mod, delete that mod's custom icons, and then paste in copies of the ASI icons) works. It only took a few minutes to do and it works great.

@arma473 This file no longer affects the operation of the new mod. I have not deleted it and everything works fine.
You can leave this file in ReplayData.
This is an ASI for viewing replays.
The ASI mod still works when viewing replays.

Check out this post on the discord for probably the easiest solution: https://discord.com/channels/197033481883222026/1164661950970613841/1164943577797886082

Note that you need to restart the game twice for any icon mod changes to go into effect.

@arma473 said in strategic icon:

@hoschmosch said in strategic icon:

What is the problem to Copy a "save" mod and exchange the icons with the ASI icons.

It would be copyright violation, so you couldn't discuss it on the forums. But nothing would stop you from using it when you played FAF

To protect something, it must have a minimum level of creative height. The symbols consist of squares and triangles. The risk here is equal to zero. In the context of it being an extension of a dead game and the fact that it is just an expansion, I wouldn't worry.

@devasto said in strategic icon:

ASI are installed in the folder c:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata.
The file "Advanced strategic icons.nxt" will be there.
You need to change the extension of the .nxt file to .zip.
Now if you unzip this archive you will find all icon textures with the extension .dds.
Now you need to install the mod "Reworked Strategic Icons".
In the folder with the installed mod will be directory "custom-strategic-icons" with files with the extension .dds.
Now all you need to do is copy the dds files from the ASI mod into the "custom-strategic-icons" folder with replacement.
Now you need to enable the mod when creating the lobby.
The lobby should be created 2 times.
Hope this helps.

This is the way!