What's the issue?

I used to be able to select my com or engie and then hover my house over a mex or hydro slot and a build template for a mex or hydro would appear, but now nothing?

Same thing for ringing mexes with storage and mass fabs -- used to be able to double click a T2 mex and ring it with storage, but it doesnt work anymore.

Was this taken out of the game?

@aegis Both of those features were heavy on performance, so they were taken out of the FAF game & replaced with a new context-based templates feature (F1 Keybindings > Orders - Mouse Context > Cycle Templates).

That said, an engine patch was made to alleviate the performance issues of the previous assist-to-cap feature, so a new version of that has been added & you can enable that via in-game Options > Gameplay > Commands > multiple Assist settings.

As for the auto-select of a mex or hydro, you can get that back by using the Hover Over Deposit mod, but using the new templates feature is preferred.

Things that were mods get forced into your game and enabled by default, but probably missing functionality you wanted, then you get a patch that lets you turn them off, then they get removed and go back to being mods again. It's the new nightmarish cycle of trying to use your UI in FAF.