Beam Weapon Firing over Heads of Units

I have a beam unit, the Cybran T4 Stun Cannon, in AI Wave Survival mod that keeps firing over the tops of units. I've tried a lot of different trial and error fixes, but with no luck (removing different flags, completely changing weapon, etc).

The beam always passes over the tops of units. I tried changing the weapon to a projectile instead of a beam, and then it began firing short of the unit. So beams = shoot over the unit. Projectile = shoot the ground short of the unit (as though aiming at something underground, shoots short regardless of direction unit is moving).

The Stun Cannon also has an alternate weapon that is shorter range, that is a projectile. This weapon fires without a problem.

I did see someone posting about a similar bug with a weapon from a different mod, where the weapon fired over the tops of units.
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/362/wyvern-battle-pack-v5-for-all-game-versions/10?_=1694449251893

Is it perhaps due to the inclinations of the target bones?
TurretPitch TurretPitchRang TurretPitchSpeed ​​TurretYaw TurretYawRange

Quite often, this can happen as a result of poor bone rigging - as in the weapon is attached to an aim bone that is not the barrel of the weapon itself. In this case, the aim bone would be physically lower than the weapon - causing the beam to always be above the actual target.

This often goes unnoticed since it's rarely an issue when targeting larger units - or the difference is quite small.

This problem doesn't only affect beam weapons, but also projectile weapons.
This effect can partially be seen with the Ravager (T3 PD) and a unit such as a GC.
The Ravager will sometimes aim for the head and when it does, will often overshoot because of it.
I don't think its a problem with the weapons themselves, more so the targeting bone and the unit hitbox, I believe.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@saver
Already tested all those. They have no effect on accuracy.

@Sprouto
That doesn't seem to be the case, as the second shorter range weapon fires from the exact same muzzle, with the same aim bone, but does not miss. I thought changing the first weapon from a beam to a projectile would fix the issue, but instead the first weapon fired short of the target instead. Also tried the weapon with the flag that disables use of the aim bone, and the weapon still behaved exactly the same.

@ComradeStryker
It does appear the weapon is firing at an invisible head when missing. It also appears to try to lead the target, even though it is a beam weapon, and the Lead Target flag is set to false. But changing the weapon from a beam to a projectile causes it to shoot the ground short of the unit. Just very bizarre.

We use a fair bit of Wyvern with LOUD, so if you could specify the unit in question, I can have a look at the rigging and see if we solved it. I'll be honest though, quite a bit of Wyvern was lifted from other mods, so we discarded significant portions of it.

If a second weapon is utilizing the same muzzle then this might explain your issue - the aim is being co-opted by the second weapon. Beams have no arc - whereas projectiles usually do, and the muzzle velocity, in conjunction with that arc, may in fact be raising the muzzle bone ever so slightly, throwing the aim off.

You can test this by disabling the 2nd weapon temporarily, to remove any such interaction.