Deceiver in t2 transport

I have a feeling that cybran t2 mobile stealth field generator should not work when it is loaded in t2 transport. All the other units lose their abilities(shields and firing ability), but deceiver does not. T2 transport is difficult to catch anyway in t1 phase, it has a lot of hp and not slower than t1 interceptors. With deceiver inside it it becomes almost impossible, since u dont have a t3 scouts with omni u need to find it with direct vision on it.

Hard disagree: one of the many attractive things about FAF is the ability to combine clever things like this. By no means should this functionality be removed.

Drops are criminally underused as is, we definitely do not need another way to make it harder.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

I am yet to see this to be super effective or used at all.

@indexlibrorum U really call this drop "clever"? I mean you do not need to be clever to put a deceiver in t2 transport and just fly on the edge of the map. With very high probability u r not gonna be discovered before tech3 air stage, which is with t3 also hard. I do not see anything clever in this, just op. If shield was also active when loading units in transport, then UEF bubble shield acu could have been very nice in air fights tanking enourmous damage. I would neither see it as clever in that case.

Put a t1 air scout there then

@gabitii said in Deceiver in t2 transport:

@indexlibrorum U really call this drop "clever"? I mean you do not need to be clever to put a deceiver in t2 transport and just fly on the edge of the map. With very high probability u r not gonna be discovered before tech3 air stage, which is with t3 also hard. I do not see anything clever in this, just op. If shield was also active when loading units in transport, then UEF bubble shield acu could have been very nice in air fights tanking enourmous damage. I would neither see it as clever in that case.

Yes, it is clever. It requires an understanding of a faction-specific unit in a particular circumstance that gives you an edge over the other factions. Exactly the type of behaviour that makes FAF fun.

There are plenty of ways to deal with it too: better map awareness or having T1 scouts (land and/or air) on patrol if the map is too big.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

Cybran has the worst transport capacity and Fire Beetles don't even take up as much space as a T1 unit anymore, putting a Deciever on a transport makes its capacity even smaller. So usually for a drop to have any punch you have to load another T2 transport and fly it alongside which is a lot of investment.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u