FAF Client crashing and logging out

Hi guys,

I have recently been having numerous issues with the FAF client arising over the last few weeks that are only limited to the client.

When I launch the client everything seems fine, however when I attempt to access the "play" "Maps" and "Mods" tab the client will lag, select the tab, however nothing in the client changes. Alternatively the Client will crash and log me out, forcing me to log back into the client where the same issue persists

The only solution I found to this is to do a complete reinstall of the client, but I have to delete all data associated with the client (the little tick box in the uninstaller) and only then will it work for that session, generally after closing and relaunching the client the issue persists.

I had a look at the attached log files and had thought it was java running out of memory so I increased the memory pool to 8gb to see if that solved it (it did not)

Please help! client.log

Your client is getting an out of memory error this normally happens if you have some global environment variable like JAVA_OPTS which is setting the memory for all java programs

Where will that setting be located? I set it in the Java control panel to be 8gb

It might be in your system environment variables

It is not there, the only memory setting I can find is in the Java configuration settings

What does "memory pool" mean? Page file?

The Java memory pool in "configure java"

This setting here, I set it to use 8gb from 4gb

https://i.imgur.com/fKLxuXF.png

That is not the java the client uses. If you want you can change the memory allocation used by the client by modifying the .vmoptions file in the client installation directory

I did just try this, still the same thing. Its odd that after a reinstall (only after deleting the meta data) does it work again

Update - I am able to get it going with a reinstall, however, as soon as the client is closed and reopened again (with or without playing a game) it will not load the "Play" or "Mods" section, wont play a sound on launch, and will stop responding and log me out.