UEF shields are not assisted by hives

It is the UEF Shields that do not assist with highs, they have already lost more than once because of this. For other races, everything is fine (shields are restored by hives), namely, UEF shields cannot always be repaired by hives

replay please

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

The replay ID should suffice

@jip https://replay.faforever.com/17905499
5 minute replay, there are two shields in the center, one is a Seraphim, the other is an UEF, both assist with hives, but the UEF shield is not repaired and the Seraphim is repaired

6bf11309-f1a4-4828-8426-0126b40fd490-image.png

Shields that are depleted (hp wise) can not be assisted. This has always been the case.

This post is deleted!

@country_warrior I think Jip’s referring to how much of the shield bubble’s health is remaining rather than the health of the structure. In that screenshot the blue progress bar indicates the shield bubble took enough damage for the shield bubble to be fully depleted, and it is then slowly recharging. You can only assist the recharge rate of a shield bubble if the bubble is still active. Otherwise you have to wait until the shield is fully recharged at which point the bubble becomes active again and can be assisted

@maudlin27 Thanks for the answer. I thought it was a bug, it looks like I don't know the intricacies of the game mechanics.
I wondered if it was possible to protect against Mavr. Now I started testing further and came across a new question: why does a shot from Mavr pierce a T3 shield with one shot, although the damage is less than the health of the shield (16000 vs 21000), could you explain this question then?
2ef8cfc1-7841-49e9-baa4-d83776243eb8-image.png 39aa859e-57ae-43b2-b9fe-9b52c6c2ab3b-image.png bb28f846-2b25-4850-a65a-231d2ce77ae1-image.png

@country_warrior I can’t watch the replay right now but would have expected 2 shots to be required, with the shield failing on the second shot (assuming the hives didnt restore enough of the shield bubble heath inbetween shots, and assuming sufficient energy to keep the shield up)

Edit: checking the timestamps in the screenshot the one just before impact is some time before the one that breaks the shield, so I expect the hives didnt manage to restore the bubble health in time and the bubble had less than 16k left when the shell hit

@maudlin27 timestamps don't match because I create screenshots

If you post a screenshot with the t3 shield selected at game time 1hr39m26s (ie just before the mavor shot breaks the shield) Id expect the shield bubble health will be less than 16k

You need something like 40 upgraded hives assisting a sera t3 shield with enough eco to not stall mass for it to permanently hold vs a Mavor. I don’t remember the exact number, but there is a number of hives/engineers where shield assist does work

@Country_Warrior The Seraphim shield should survive two shells, I just checked. Not all t3 shields do however, if I recall then the Cybran ones fall short.