Control Group Zoom mod

A long time ago I made a mod which prevented zoom changes when double tapping to go to a control group - the mod has now been uploaded to the Mod Vault (with typo fixes).

Search: "Control Group Zoom Mod"

Thanks to the kind stranger who donated my lost code back to me.

Thank you!! I'll test today and report back here about how it goes!

This has been integrated a while back:

705e06f3-de87-4a82-b8cc-b291e728f236-image.png

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Hi! When I go into a skirmish game with FA, my menu and options are different under gameplay.

It doesn't have a "Control groups" section.

I downloaded the "Control Group Zoom Mod" and I have it enabled I think, but it also isn't fixing the issue.

Last, let me know if this mod would work for ranked games. It appears that it may not.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

f917f572-c2d8-4a3d-9d90-448435c80137-image.png

@strategicwaffle As Jip stated above, the Control Group Zoom Mod is no longer needed because the functionality has been integrated into the base FAF game. Also, the NoShake mod as been integrated too, so you can delete that as well.

I suspect the reason why you're not seeing the Control Groups section in the in-game Options menu as per Jip's screen shot is because you're launching your vanilla SCFA install (Steam, GOG, CD/DVD) instead of the launching a FAF game through the FAF Client. To play the FAF version of SCFA, you need to either create or join a game through the Play tab of the FAF Client.

To get yourself antiquated with all in-game Options, Key Bindings & other things that the FAF version of the game offers over vanilla, I would suggest that you go to FAF Client > Play > Custom Games > Create Game > Game Type (left panel) > FAF > set a password so nobody else can join > select a map or generate one > enable/disable mods as desired > Create.

When you get to the in-game lobby, go to Mods (or Options > Mods) to ensure that the mods are enabled (except NoShake & Control Group Zoom Mod)/disabled as desired as sometimes the client as issues writing to the game.prefs file that the game reads. Also go through the Options to setup the game as you want. When you've setup the game, click the Ready checkbox for your slot next to the map preview, then Launch & explore.

@jip said in Control Group Zoom mod:

This has been integrated a while back:

705e06f3-de87-4a82-b8cc-b291e728f236-image.png

If possible it would be nice if the standard zoom level could be made higher. I always used the old control group zoom mod (with some changes) while it still worked, but the new options just don't really give me something usefull to the point that i never use the double tap feature anymore.

The main issue is that you tend to want to use this to hotkey specific units you're using to raid but because the zoom level is so far in you cannot see anything after double tapping so you have to zoom out anyway (which at that point is just as fast as just zooming in manually).

71ec2d73-9a34-4eb8-89f5-e684cbd2e492-image.png

this is the standard zoom level after i just double tapped and there can easily be a t1 pd shooting at me while i can't even see it.

5942ec53-e7ea-4687-9743-1cf16798b11f-image.png

Imo a zoom level like this is way more usefull for whatever you want to accomplish.