But what the heck is the ICE Adapter?

Thank you all for writing the code bases, the simulation and painstakingly debugging the whole stuff.

And a big thank you for writing it all down. It's nicely written. I jumped over some of the stuff as I have a bit of background knowledge. For me it was easy to "understand" the information.

About the server in Americas. I am not sure if it's a good idea or not but Linus Sebastian from LinusTechTips (check youtube if you don't know him) is known for playing Forged Alliance. Not sure if he has the time or is willing to host it (he plays to disconnect from work life and not connect to work life) but he probably has the knowledge and technology at hand to keep a server in Canada running. Maybe just shoot an email at thei linustechtips email and nicely ask if they would mind hosting it so he can have a better connection (I think he once complained a bit 😉 ).
If it works out it works out and if not then not.

First entry on the "new" forum - since when do we have sso for forum and faf client XD...

How does one turn on the debugger for ICE adapter? Its really interesting stats but we cannot doubleclick the tray icon anymore..

@rhyseenz You run the adapter using a JRE that contains JavaFX and double click the tray icon.
Now how to do the first part, euhm, I'm still trying to figure that out. The client's JRE no longer contains JavaFX, the ice adapter would need to be migrated to a newer Java version and ship JFX itself.

Having issues with connectivity / ICE? Talk to me.

@Geosearchef or the client would start the ice adapter and put it's own javafx jars on the classpath

Soon™️

Maybe the whole lib folder for simplicity XD

Soon™️

I don't know how much UI there is but if there is very little then Swing works and still comes with the JRE.

Client now features a setting to get the ICE adapter debug window

Soon™️

dumb question: could other players in a game act as proxies or relays or something like that? would that be useful and easy to implement? maybe player A connection to B and B to C added together are faster or less lossy than A to C directly? I've noticed some instances of games where the F11 table shows missing data packets only between one pair of players, and i was wondering if a third might be able to step in and act as go-between in that situation

Might it be helpful to replace the current ICE Adapter with an off the shelf variant?

Ok. Name one, that

• is not relaying everything over a central server and
  • does not only run inside the browser.

I say there is no such thing and even if there were we still need an adapter, because we always need to wrap/tunnel the traffic of the game. (Normally you would just integrate it into the game which we can't.)

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice