How can I have a 4v4 No Share Rating without ever playing it?

How can I have a 4v4 No Share Rating without ever playing it?

Ratings are apparently pregenerated from sources including global rating as a way to avoid the problem of everyone starting with zero. Everyone starting at zero is bad because if you're 1500 global/1200 ladder and someone else is 300 global/200 ladder, and you both start with zero, you will have a lot of very unbalanced games while the rating gets sorted out.

It's not the worst problem in the world, of course the 1v1 ladder survived for a very long time with this problem, but (1) it's nice to have some kind of a fix for it, even if the fix is less than perfect, and (2) it's a worse problem for 4v4 than 1v1, because the unbalanced matches are screwing things up for 8 people total instead of just for 2 people, and I think it takes longer for the system to calculate accurate 4v4 ratings than 1v1 ratings because there are more variables. With more people in each match, it's less obvious who the best players are, in a 1v1 it's pretty obvious who is good and who is bad. If your team's strongest player is aggressive, and your weakest player ecos hard, the FAF servers can't just look at metrics like who has the biggest economy at minute 10, or who has the biggest score, to recognize which player is contributing the most to the team.

@arma473 Thank you for this explanation.