Looking for a new Website background image

Hello everyone! as you may now, the current website has a picture from Supreme Commander 2 https://www.faforever.com/. We are currently looking for someone to change the picture for something from FAF / Supreme Commander.'

So anyways, I'm looking for someone that can create a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood looking picture for the website. It just needs to features fighting or epicness in units. Thanks!

FAF Website Developer

I would start looking here: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/6/screenshot-of-the-week/27

And if you don't want to use any of those as-is, you could reach out to the people with experience creating those screenshots to make something that would work for you.

For example, this from @lilSidlil on May 21 might work or maybe you think there's too much going on. You could ask him to make something else.

I definitely like the technique he uses in changing it from a literal screenshot to change the colors. I'm not an artist so I don't have the vocabulary to describe what it is that he's doing to the image.

alt text

Yes. I used some lidlsids images for the new login page.

However if someone has the graphics skills I'd like to add a few filters to tone it down a little (for background images it's too bright and colorful). I did it with CSS and that killed the client (webviews are shit). Contact me if you want to help! šŸ™‚

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

I originally created this, I have the original on the same size as the website image ā¤ 16512876-4d48-4ac7-a15d-8463e5b59e84-image.png

FAF Website Developer

Are you looking for an action shot like a battle, or something like the original (a big army just standing there looking well-organized and not very diverse), or would you be interested in something emphasizing simcity?

Base1.jpg

I would avoid images that can't be understood by someone who doesn't already know FA. For example, teleporting/telemazor.

A "natural" screenshot (taken from a real competitive match) just showing a big late-game base with units streaming out of it would be pretty cool. I don't think you need to show combat to make an interesting image.

Well tbh I think something more action oriented or "epic scale" oriented is what I'm looking for. However, I don't control/manage the website so tbh, it's whatever we (or whoever has the power to move the website) will decide as a community

FAF Website Developer