Given the stupid amount of energy and words wasted by all kinds of people in the PC election thread, i wanted to present a different idea out there. This not just about PC. It could probably replace several councillor positions, maybe even the entire Council of Setons.
The goal of the system is mostly:
- Transparency about who does what in FAF.
Ill call it the "Badge System" or maybe "Roles system" because i have no better word.
- A person can hold more than one badge
- Each badge is linked to exactly ONE kind of responsibility
- We hopefully only ever discuss exactly one badge at a time, if there is an election. No more "discuss these 30 responsibilities that councillor position XYZ comes with" for fucks sake.
- There is a "Main" Badge for every responsibility that only one person can hold, and that person hands out sub-badges of the same type (but not "Main") to anybody they want. Only Main badge is voted onto a person by election.
- "Main Tournament director" can hand out and remove "tournament director" badges to anybody.
- "Main TMM director" can hand out "TMM director" badges to anybody
- and so on...
- Non-insiders can finally see who the fuck is actually doing what.
- We see more people with badges which makes it look like its easier to participate in FAF. right now "PC councillor" is a scary word.
- FTX can still do everything because he can hold literally every "Main" badge in the world.
- The conversion from the old system to the new one doesnt require any kind of power being handed over so we could get it done without too much drama.
- Maybe we can convert the other councillor positions as well because i see no reason to have a mix of old and new system.
- Badge holders can give their badge to somebody else (maybe a bad idea?).
- The forum needs to be able to display all badges a person holds.
- We need to implement a system that tracks who has what badge i guess? Otherwise there will be chaos.
- Handing over badges needs to be done though the mentioned system (like a tab in the client)
- We still need to decide which badges are voted/eleted, so i expect that would be a shitshow of a discussion. But for now we could just make all PC related badges votable and assign them to the winner of the PC election.
Its basically Discord roles on steroids but for FAF.
There might the some badges for which sub-badges dont make sense, so maybe restrict those.