Nvidia driver performance problem

@VertusVi I don’t even see it in the keybinds settings, what is it near?

The mod is in the FAF mod vault. In the FAF client, there is a tab called "Mods." You click on that. It should show up on your screen as one of the highest-rated mods. Or you can search for the word "NVidia."

You can download it through the FAF client and then you also have to enable it (or it won't be turned on).

The key bind for the console is ~ by default. If you never changed it, it will still be ~. Just start a game and then press ~ while you are in the game (while you can see your ACU, not in the lobby)

@arma473 okay I have the mod installed, but how do I activate it? Also where is the key under near I literally cannottttt find it

This is also on Supreme Commander 2 btw

It looks like GeForce 461.09 WHQL has also fixed this issue!

Just to let you all know, I uninstalled my Driver, and installed a version released in october, its now working again.

Crushing noobs and squeezing boobs since 2012

@Doge20031 To activate a mod, there are a couple ways:

1 - you can do it from a game lobby. While you are waiting, before you X up, there is a button you can press to open the mod list.

2 - you can do it by creating a custom game. Click on create game, then instead of choosing a map, look at the rest of the screen. You will see a list of UI mods and a list of SIM mods. You can click on mods there by name to turn them on/off.

@mdcobra I updated my driver to this new version but doesn’t seem to do anything for me

Morning - Can anyone else confirm if the 461.09 version is a fix?

@Doge20031 said in Nvidia driver performance problem:

@mdcobra I updated my driver to this new version but doesn’t seem to do anything for me

Did you install as a 'clean install'?

I installed the new driver (and NB I never installed the problem one) and it seems to be working for me. W/o issue

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@Angel_Rex
updated the driver did a clean install. it didn't help me (

Do the other fixes work for you?

The mod keeps deselecting every time I try to play. I'll select it, go into a game and try playing around, have problems. I go back and the mod is unselected and not in use, weird.

Unfortunately none of the given fixes work for me, does anyone have further ideas?
I can freeze the game simply by moving my mouse. This happens in vanilla FA as well as FAF, in the intros, main menu and in-game.
I've tried:

• Clean installs of driver versions 441.41, 442.74, 457.30, and 461.09.
  • Running DDU, then clean installing 441.41
  • Disabling the NVIDIA Display Container LS service
  • d3d_WindowsCursor on/off
  • The NVIDIA fix mod
  • Setting FPS cap to 60 in NVIDIA Control Panel
  • Reducing mouse polling rate from 1000Hz to 125Hz
  • Vsync & AA on/off
  • Various resolutions
  • Windowed mode
  • An ancient Dell mouse instead of my G502
  • Disabling my secondary monitor

My PC: (In case it helps)
RTX 2080S, 9900k, 32GB DDR4-3200
Game owned through Steam

@ThaPear. you clearly have remnants of the driver sticking around despite your "clean installs" of the nvidia driver

You can probably prove this if you have an extra hard drive or space on your hard drive, just install a new windows there for testing, put driver 450 I don't think you need to go much lower. it should work then. if it does, you might want to just transfer all your files and use that new windows install instead.

Hi all, I had a previous update 460.89 (my friend was on an older version) and I was having major packet loss in a 2v2 battle with my friend after just installing FAF for the first time in years as host or with my friend hosting, then saw the notice about GeForce driver issue. I was fine when zoomed in not moving and then when the mouse moved or I was scrolling out all the way and playing we would get constant jitters from the packet loss on my end, confirmed this with F11 and could see I was behind 5. I just updated to 461.09 and the issue was resolved for me and our game was perfectly smooth so I believe this is now fixed in the current Nvidia patch as we just played another 2v2 with no issues at all and increased the speed to x10 with me zooming around like crazy with no jitters at all or packet loss.

461.09 fixed it for me, hope it does for you guys too ❤

@mdcobra yes d3d