AFS stuck on air staging facilities

This is something that has happened to me quite often (especially playing Aeon and Seraphim). In Seraphims case the planes would not leave the pad automatically, I had to manually choose each plane and tell them to leave.

In Aeons case (in a game I just played, not sure if this has happened to me before) I was not even able to select the landing pads, the planes landed on the pads, yes, but they would not obey commands.

Did you make sure you were not stalling energy? Repairing / refueling planes does drain power and if you're stalling then yes, ASF won't fil up nor leave the air staging until you have power again

Inactive.

@sladow-noob Hmm, no idea to be honest. I need to check the next time this happens. I assume they do get refuelled if I am losing power but I have reserves left.

@shagga yes the air staging just consumes power like an engineer for example.
you can also check the replay and try to find out what happend or post the replay here, so others might check to see why the ASF were stuck.

@Shagga I have observed the problem you describe with Air Staging Beacons (Seraphim) and I've seen it with Aeon as well (and it probably happens with the other factions too). Until tonight I just thought they were broken and in a way (UI/UX) they are. In order to "deploy", you have to "sub-select" the individual air units at the menu presented for the repair/refuel building and then deploy. If there is a fast way to select all of the parked units at the building's menu, I haven't found it yet, I've only been able to select individually (ugh). Curiously, even "select all air units (CTRL+A)" does not select air units parked on the r/r building (which seems really broken). I would think the way it would work is that parked units deploy when the deploy order is given to the r/r building. And maybe it's preference, but when I tell air units to go home and repair/refuel, they should do their business and then get off the r/r building so another air unit can use it. It appears that telling air units to return home to repair/refuel is what causes them to park on the air staging building (and get "stuck").

I'm just getting into FAF but the behavior might make sense for something like a "hangar" and maybe there is a mod for that -- if not might be a great addition. "AHA! Feel the power of the air force you didn't think I had. Muahahaha!"